Next week IMAGINE Crafts is teaming up with Ruby Rock It for a Holiday Blog Hop featuring their “Joyeux” Holiday paper collection. Today AIR Renee Zarate is going to give you a sneak peak with three fabulous cards she created! Make sure to check back on Monday, December 9th to see the other projects created by our Artists In Residence!
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: StazOn Jet Black; Solvent Ink Brilliance Pigment Ink: Pearlescent Poppy, Lightning Black, Pearlescent Beige, Pearlescent Thyme, Pearlescent Olive, Galaxy Gold; Embossing Powder: Clear, Silver
- Other supplies
- Ruby Rock It: “Joyeux” Holiday Collection
- Sizzix: alpha & feather dies
- Maya Road: ribbons and flowers
- Stamps: “Phrenology Head” by Lost Coast, Pam Carriker, Hero Arts, Hampton Art
- Miscellaneous: black waxed twine, tissue tape, blank cards, buttons, needle and thread
Directions for Card #1
- Cut coordinating paper from collection in strips and glue it to the front of a 5” x 7” card.
- Using strips of rhinestones from the collection, attach 3 strips of rhinestones across the middle.
- Stamp sentiment across the bottom and heat emboss with silver embossing powder.
- Pop out flower embellishments from the collection and glue to the left side of the card with ribbon.
Directions for Card #2
- Cut a strip of red checked paper from the collection and glue it across the middle of a blank 5” x 7” card.
- Using a feather die, cut six feathers from different coordinating papers from the collection and set aside.
- Stamp sentiment across the bottom of the card and heat emboss with silver powder.
- Sew buttons and flower onto the gingham ribbon with a needle and thread.
- Glue feathers across the middle of the card.
- Glue gingham ribbon that has buttons and flower sewn to it across the middle of the attached feathers.
Directions for Card #3
- Stamp phrenology head onto white card stock using StazOn Jet Black ink.
- Stamp numbers and diamond shapes randomly around the head.
- Edge the white panel with Brilliance Lightning Black and Pearlescent Beige inks.
- Heat emboss with clear powder.
- Die cut letters from the same paper collection and glue across the front of the card.
- Pop out flowers and flourish, attach to stamped panel.
- Mat the white panel on to red coordinating paper that is cut ¼” larger.
- Mat to white blank folded card.
- Distress the edges of the card with Pearlescent Poppy ink.
- Tie red Baker’s twine to the left side of card.
- Tie gold twine from the Ruby Rocket It ribbon collection to the red twine.