This is indeed a blog treat for you today! Two of our amazingly talented Artists In Residence are here to share with you their coloring techniques using Imagine Crafts line of products. We’re sure that you’ll be borrowing these techniques for your next project!
Cathy is here to show you in this video tutorial how to create your own stunning card using Delicate Silvery Shimmer as a resist. Discover how easy it is to achieve this watercolor effect using Memento Markers.
Painting with Memento Luxe
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko Memento Luxe™Mixed Media Pigment Ink: Wedding Dress, Pistachio, Angel Pink, Rose Bud; Fantastix applicators; Sponge Daubers
- Spellbinders: Grand Calibur Machine, Raspberry Plate; Le Papillions Two Shapeabilities; Floral Jewels 3D M-Bossabilities folder
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™: E-Z Adhesive Runner
- Want2Scrap: 72 Count White Peals (self adhesive)
- Miscellaneous: pink, turquoise and white cardstock; scissors; liquid glue, Kindy Glitz; sanding block, paper rose
1. Emboss turquoise cardstock using the Floral Jewels 3D Embossing Folder.
2. Trim to size, approximately 4-1/4˝ x 5-1/2˝.
3. Lightly sand the raised parts with a sanding block
4. Using a Fantastix and Wedding Dress ink, highlight the embossed portions of the pattern (particularly the flowers and leaves).
5. Apply a second layer in the same manner.
6. Using a Fantastix and Angel Pink Ink, apply to the flowers.
7. Apply a second layer in the same manner.
8. Using a Fantastix and Rose Bud Ink, apply to the base of the flowers toward the tip, getting lighter as you go..
9. Apply a second layer near the base.
10. Using a Fantastix and Pistachio Ink, apply to the leaves.
11. Apply a second layer near the base of the leaves.
12. Cut pink cardstock slightly larger than the embossed image.
13. Adhere image to the pink cardstock.
14. Adhere the layers to a white base measuring 4˝ x 6˝.
15. Cut/emboss one Butterfly from white cardstock.
16. Color the butterfly using previously inked Sponge Daubers to add soft color to the butterflies.
17. Add Kindy Glitz on the butterfly wings for dimensional shimmer.
18. Adhere paper rose to the centre of the butterfly.
19. Add bling to the corners.