Time for some Spring inspiration from our Artists In Residence! Today Darsie is here to share with you an elegant card created with Delicata. Emily breaks out the Radiant Neon inks with irRESISTible texture sprays for a splash of color on canvas.
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Delicata Silvery Shimmer and Golden Glitz; Versamark; Clear Embossing Powder; Craft Mat
- Spellbinders Paper Arts: Die D-Lites Outrageous Butterfly and Nestabilities A2 Divine Eleoquence
- JustRite Papercraft: Filigree Leaves Background Stamp, Winged Vintages Labels Two and Three Clear Stamps
- Miscellaneous: black and silver cardstock; Self-adhesive gold pearls; adhesives of choice; 3D Foam Squares; tissue; heat gun
1. Apply Delicata Shimmery Silver ink to JustRite Papercraft’s large background stamp and stamp on black cardstock.
2. Cover stamped image with clear embossing powder and emboss with a heat gun.
3. Swipe Delicate Golden Glitz across the surface of your stamped background.
4. Gently wipe excess Golden Glitz ink from the embossed areas of your background with a tissue. Once dry, trim to edge of stamped image.
5. Cut/emboss Spellbinders Ornate Butterfly from black cardstock, then ink with Shimmery Silver. Sprinkle clear embossing powder over butterfly die cut and emboss with a heat gun.
6. Cut/emboss A2 Divine Eleoquence tag from black cardstock. Stamp JustRite Papercraft sentiment with Golden Glitz ink and emboss with clear embossing powder and a heat gun.
7. Adhere background panel to a black panel, then to a silver card base.
8. Add foam squares to sentiment tag and affix to upper right corner and cut edge of tag to align with background stamp.
9. Add Shimmery Silver butterfly to lower left portion of card and add gold pearls to finish.
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento Luxe Rose Bud, Peopny Petals, Bahama Blue, Pear Tart; irRESISTible Bahama Blue, Pear Tart; Monterey Pine Butterfly; Ink Blushers
- The Crafters Workship: 12×12 Chevron Stencil TCW227
- Authentique Paper: “Flourish” Collection
- May Arts: ribbon
- Petaloo: flowers
- 8×10 Canvas
1. Layer your stencil onto your canvas where you want it. You can use Memento Luxe for this project or NEW irRESISTible spray, or if you chose, you can use both.
4. If you want the color but want a “resist” effect so you can fill in the white space, use irRESISTible and spray across the canvas. Be careful not to spray too much (like I did on the blue area), it will bleed behind your stencil so hold stencil slightly above when spraying onto your canvas.