Our Artists In Residence have been getting creative with Imagine Crafts’ Monterey Pine wood shapes. Today we’re here to share with you two projects incorporating our Monterey Pine. Sharon has created this exquisite bracelet using Monterey Pine shapes as the base for her project, while Allie takes her paper crafting skills to yet another level with this decorative box topped with a Monterey Pine Dragonfly. Show some love and leave a comment below about these amazing projects!
irRESISTible Monterey Pine
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Monterey Pine: Ovals, Squares; irRESISTible Texture Spray Bronze; Embossing Powder Gold; VersaMarker; Delicata Golden Glitz; InkBlushers; Craft Mat
- Ice Resin: Ice Resin
- May Arts: gold twine
- Miscellaneous: bracelet closures, beads
Dragonfly Gift Box
For my Themed Project this month, I chose to use Monterey Pine shapes to accent a fun gift box that I’ve customized with inked and embossed panels in brilliant Electric Purple. I made my project sparkle with a quick shot of Shimmer Spritz.
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Radiant Neon Ink: Electric Purple, Electric Green; Shimmer Spritz Sparkle; Embossing Powder Iridescent; InkBlushers; Monterey Pine Dragonfly
- Discount Cardstock: Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Purple Cardstock
- Want2Scrap: Sleek Strips Silver, Bulk Bling Silver Rhinestones
- Wild Orchid Crafts: Flowers
- Spellbinders: Grand Calibur; M-Bossabilities Twisted Hearts
- SVG Cuts: Soap Box Digital Cutting File
- Miscellaneous: Adhesive, Paper Towel
1. Die cut pieces for Soap Box. Emboss panels with Twisted Hearts M-Bossabilities Folder.
2. Ink embossed pieces with Electric Purple ink using an Ink Blusher.
3. Spritz pieces with Sparkle Shimmer Spritz and let dry while you assemble the box.
4. Embellish box with Bulk Bling and Sleek Strips and add flowers.
5. Ink Monterey Pine Dragonfly with Electric Green ink.
6. Remove excess ink with a paper towel and emboss with Iridescent Embossing Powder.
7. Ink edges with Electric Purple. Remove excess with a paper towel and allow to dry.
8. Adhere dragonfly to flowers.