Our AIRs have outdone themselves today by getting creative with Hand Cut Monterey Pine Dragonflies to embellish each of their cards. Taylor’s “Imagine Dragonfly” card takes on a timeless vintage look, while Isha’s
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento LUXE Rich Cocoa; Memento: Desert Sand, Summer Sky, Toffee Crunch; Memento Marker Rich Cocoa; Brilliance Cosmic Copper; VersaMagic: Mango Madness, Aquatic Splash; irRESISTible Spray Copper; Shimmer Spritz Copper; Vertigo Rattlesnake; Monterey Pine Dragonfly
- Authentique Paper: Gathering collection
- May Arts: twine
- Miscellaneous: Key Statements (Crafter’s Companion US); Bazzill cardstock, Collall all-purpose glue; Darice foam strips
1. Gather all supplies needed to create the card
2. Spray Vertigo with irRESISTible Copper; set aside to dry.
3. Apply Brilliance Cosmic Copper directly onto the Monterey Pine Dragonfly.
4. Use Memento Marker Rich Cocoa to color the edges.
5. Stamping the main image with Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa on the patterned paper.
6. Mask off individual sections of the stamped image with sticky notes and highlight using Sponge Daubers.
7. Repeat masking and sponging ink to each individual section, using colors shown above.
8. Mist with Shimmer Spritz Copper.
9. Adhere all pieces to card base.
Dragonfly Thank You
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Hand-Cut Monterey Pine Dragonfly; StazOn: Emerald City, Spiced Chai, Orange Zest; Versafine Onyx Black; irRESISTible Gold; Vertigo Taffeta, InkBlushers
- The Crafter’s Workshop: Dancing Leaves stencil
- Neenah: Solar White cardstock
- DCWV: silver glitter paper
- Hero Arts: stamps
1. Cut a piece of Vertigo Taffeta to cover the majority of the card front
2. Place stencil onto Vertigo and color with StazOn Emerald City, Spiced Chai and Orange Zest inks using an InkBlusher.
3. Adhere Vertigo to white card base.
4. Add strips of silver glitter paper to cover the edges of the Vertigo.
5. Stamp the sentiment onto white cardstock trim to form a banner; adhere to card.
6. Color the dragonfly with StazOn Orange Zest.
7. Spritz with irRESISTible Gold and allow to dry completely.
8. Adhere the dragonfly to the card.