- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: StazOn Gothic Purple; Delicata Golden Glitz; Vertigo: Tilted and Taffeta; Sponge Dauber; Fantastix
- Spellbinders Paper Arts: Die D-Lites Filigree Cross; Artisan X-Plorer; Metal Shim
- May Arts: burgundy edged ribbon
- Miscellaneous: adhesive pearls, flower charm, ⅛˝ hole punch, pink crystals, black pen, low-tack painter’s tape
1. Nest Spellbinders Filigree Cross inset into the Border and secure with low-tack painter’s tape. Cut/emboss Taffeta Vertigo using a Metal Shim and the Artisan X-Plorer.
2. Lay the Filigree Cross border onto Tilted Vertigo and trace around the outside edge of the die with a black pen. Cut cross with a pair of scissors.
3. Apply StazOn Gothic Purple to the solid Vertigo cross with a Sponge Dauber.
4. With a Fantastix, apply Delicata Golden Glitz ink to the edge of the solid Vertigo cross. Adhere the Taffeta Vertigo Cross to the solid Vertigo Cross.
5. With a sponge dauber, add Gothic Purple ink to white self-adhesive pearls and decorate your cross. Add a charm to the center of the cross.
6. Punch a hole in the top of the cross and add ribbon and crystal beads.
Spring Home Decor
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: StazOn Opaque Baby Blue, Memento Luxe Angel Pink, Monterey Pine Butterflies, Sponge Daubers, InkBlushers
- Simple Stories: “Fresh Air” Simple Sets Collection Kit
- The Crafters Workshop: 6×6 “Flutterby” stencil
- May Arts: light blue solid/plaid ribbon
- Clear Scraps: Acrylic All Mixed Up Album
- Petaloo: flowers
To create this fun Spring wall hanging, you will need a piece of acrylic (ClearScraps mini albums work great for these), a stencil, StazOn ink. You MUST use StazOn on acrylic or it will rub off.
1. Tape your stencil in place.
2. Using a Sponge Dauber, lightly daub the StazOn ink over the stencil.
3. Lift off the stencil. Finish the edges with StazOn Opaque Baby Blue.
4. Using Memento Luxe ink and an InkBlusher, color the Monterey Pine Butterflies for embellishments.
5. Add paper, ribbons, and other embellishments to complete your wall hanging.
2 thoughts on “Spring Themed Mixed Media Projects”
Both beautiful project is, I I love that butterfly stencil and the cross die.
Amazing what you girls have done with those simple surfaces. Beautiful.