Today our Artists in Residence are here to share with you two amazing cards inspired by nature. Taylor has created an inspirational card with a koi pond as the backdrop, while Isha is here to share with you an easy watercolor technique.
The Journey is the Reward
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Stazon Blue Hawaii; Memento Tuxedo Black; Walnut Ink: Cornflower, Lilac; Shimmer Spritz: Silver, Frost; SHEET Metal Postcard
- DCWV textured card paper
- May Arts: black web ribbon
- Miscellaneous: Koi & Waterlilies (stamp), Ripple (embossing folder) (Sheena Douglass for Crafter’s Companion US/UK); Ultra Smooth White card stock (Spectrum Noir by Crafter’s Companion US); Spectrum Noir alcohol markers; Collall all-purpose glue; Darice foam strips
Step 1: Remove protective blue cling from SHEET Metal and add Stazon Blue Hawaii ink directly to the metal. (Optional: lightly heat set to speed drying time – do not over heat).
Step 2: Use the embossing folder to emboss the SHEET Metal. Using Core’dinations Sanding Kit (or other fine grit sandpaper) buff ink off of ridges.
Step 3: Stamp images on white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Color with Spectrum Noir markers as desired then fussy cut each image and set aside. Visit my blog post for more instructions on coloring the images.
Step 4: Stamp sentiment on small cardstock panel. Spray with Shimmer Spritz Silver and Frost, then with Walnut Ink Cornflower and Lilac.
Step 5: Roll top of SHEET Metal slightly and adhere all pieces to cardstock base.
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Radiant Neon: Electric Blue, Electric Green, Electric Pink, Electric Yellow; Memento Luxe Ink Nautical Blue; Memento Cottage Ivy; VersaMark; Embossing Powder Clear; Craft Mat
- Hero Arts: “Good Luck”
- Paper Smooches “Primrose”
- Cardstock: Neenah “solar white”, Canson watercolor paper, Bazzil Vellum
- Miscellaneous: rhinestones, paint brush
1. Stamp the flowers onto watercolor paper with VersaMark ink then heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
2. Dab some Radiant Neon inks directly onto the Craft Mat. Add water to the inks to use watercolor with a paint brush.
3. Stamp sentiment onto vellum with Memento Luxe Nautical Blue; lightly heat set to dry.
4. Fussy cut around sentiment and create a banner strip to wrap around the front side of the watercolored image.
5. Mount watercolored layer with sentiment onto card base.
6. Embellish card with rhinestones.