Spring is here and to get you in the mood our Artists In Residence are here to share with you today a couple of projects. Sylvia has created a fun shadow boxed card complete with a Vertigo butterfly and Ellen has taken gift packaging to a new level with a decorated gift box with a die cut paper Clematis on top.
You Mean Everything to Me
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Delicata Silvery Shimmer; Memento Angel Pink, Rose Bud; Vertigo Tilted; InkBlushers; Craft Mat
- Spellbinders: Classic Square dies; Butterfly Corner dies; Grand Calibur machine
- CAS-ual Fridays Stamps: Only You stamp set
- Paper Smooches: Streamers dies
- May Arts: pearlescent twine
- My Mind’s Eye: patterned paper
- Miscellaneous: white cardstock; pink flower button; paper piercing tool; white gel pen; Glue Dots mini; dimensional foam pads
1. Create top folded square card from white cardstock.
2. Die cut square window into front of card
3. Cut square of patterned paper slightly smaller than window, distress edges with Memento Angel Pink and an InkBlusher tool.
4. Create faux stitching border around square paper and adhere to inside of the card using foam pads.
5. Die cut banner from white cardstock and stamp “mean everything to me” with Delicata Silvery Shimmer onto right side of the banner.
6. Ink “You” stamp with Memento Rose Bud and stamp with only very light pressure once onto scrap piece of paper, then re-ink with Memento Angel Pink and stamp onto left side of the banner.
7. Affix banner to card front.
9. Thread length of pearlescent twine through pink flower button, tying the ends into a bow.
10. Affix button to the butterfly and adhere butterfly to the card front using mini glue dots.
Clematis Gift Box
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: StazOn Spiced Chai; Memento: Bamboo Leaves, Rose Bud; Creative Medium; Craft Mat; InkBlushers
- Susan’s Garden: Clematis Die, Tool Kit
- Impression Obsession: Impression Obsession’s Mini Rectangles 2 DIE014-J; Thanks-A9061
- ZVA Creations Pearl Flourishes
- Miscellaneous: doily, ribbon, Pop Dots, Yellow Pollen, gems, wood box
1. Using an InkBlusher, ink unfinished wooden box base and lid with Stazon Spiced Chai. For more even inking, it is best to ink in the direction of the wood grain. Set aside.
2. Die cut Clematis and shape it using Susan’s Garden Tool Kit.
3. Ink the petals with Memento Rose Bud and the leaves with Memento Bamboo Leaves.
4. Dip the flower centers in Yellow Pollen, assemble the flower and set aside.
5. Using an InkBlusher, apply a thin coat of Creative Medium to the back of a paper doily and adhere to the lid of the box.
6. Adhere 2 ZVA Creations Pearl Flourishes on the doily.
7. Die cut a sentiment tag in white and a base tag in brown using the Mini Rectangles die.
8. Stamp sentiment with Stazon Spiced Chai and adhere it to the base tag with pop dots.
9. Adhere the Clematis to the center of the doily.
10. Attach the tag with ribbon around the base of the flower and add some pretty gem stones.