Turn a simple book or journal into a stunning work of art using Kaleidacolor! Change the colors to personalize any book for the perfect gift.
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves; GooseBumps Texture Spray; Memento: Bamboo Leaves, Potter’s Clay, Rhubarb Stalk, Rich Cocoa; Ink Potion No. 9
- Dreamweaver: “Bamboo” stencil
- Cardstock: natural textured, natural smooth, olive green,
- Miscellaneous: blank journal/book, brayer, fibers, adhesive of choice, fibers
1. Ink brayer with Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves. Mist lightly with Ink Potion No. 9 until colors begin to slightly migrate. Roll brayer across paper in multiple directions until covered.
2. Lay stencil onto inked cardstock and spray with GooseBumps texture spray; allow to dry completely. When using brass stencils with any texture spray, be sure to rinse off the stencil immediately.
3. Apply coordinating Memento dye inks directly onto the paper. Mist paper towel with Ink Potion No. 9 to help blend inks and to remove excess ink from the resist pattern created by the GooseBumps.
4. Trim bamboo pattern to size and create a layering piece with coordinating colors.
4. To create the large layered background, color the background paper with Autumn Leaves in the same manner as before using a brayer. Carefully crinkle the paper, unfold, then use Memento inks to lightly antique the paper.
5. Spray olive cardstock with GooseBumps Texture Spray. Once dry, adhere to front of journal and trim to size.
6. Add inked layering pieces onto the front of the book.
7. Embellish the spine of the good with coordinating colors of fiber.