“You’re Invited” to IMAGINE Crafts’ theme for inspiration over the next few days , creating your own custom invitations! Our Artists In Residence will be sharing with you some fun and festive ideas for making your own custom invitations for a variety of different get togethers and celebrations.
Today we have two different invitations to share with you – a video tutorial for creating elegant invitations, along with how to create simple and fun postcard invites for dinner.
Wedding Invitations with Brilliance
John is here to share with you how to create your own invitations for you next special event by adding a beautiful stamped image onto vellum using Brilliance pigment ink. Be sure to watch the great technique for making the clean and simple bow to hold it all together.
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Delicata Golden Glitz, Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black, Versamark
- Stamps: Amuse Studio ‘You’re Invited’ set, Vintage ‘Cheers’ and Dots
- Kraft Cardstock
- Miscellaneous: ruler, pencil, fine point black marker, corner punch
1. Cut cardstock to 4¼˝ x 5½˝, punch corners to round edges.
2. Stamp ‘Cheer’s’ and 1″ dots to one side with Delicata Golden Glitz.
3. Edge the sides of the cardstock by running the inkpad around the sides of the card to highlight the design. Allow to dry completely.
4. Turn the card over and measure 3½˝ from the left side of card and draw a vertical line so you’ll have a separated address and invite areas.
5. Stamp the silverware using Versamark for a watermark effect.
6. Stamp the gold lines for a cancelled postmark appearance over the silverware image.
7. Stamp the larger silverware pattern, again using Versamark this time on left side of card.
8. Stamp “You’re Invited…” towards the top of the card on the left side, leaving room towards the bottom to fill in all the party details.
9. Erase any pencil guide lines you may have created.
10. Add a few blank black lines with a black marker on the right hand side as shown to create address lines.