Today we’re bringing you two different invitations created by our Artists In Residence. Although they have a completely different aesthetic, both of these invites feature hand coloring which adds a distinctive touch.
Floral Touches Invite
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Radiant Neon: Electric Yellow, Electric Orange, Electric Green, Electric Pink; Memento Tuxedo Black, Fantastix, Sponge Daubers
- Penny Black Stamps: Delightful (40-322), Parade (4137K)
- Miscellaneous : white and orange cardstock, A2 size envelope, border punch, ribbon, dimensional adhesive, hole punch
1. Cut two pieces of white cardstock to the following dimensions – inside tag piece to 3½˝ x 5˝, base piece to 4˝ x 5˝.
2. Cut two pieces of orange cardstock to the following dimensions – 4 x 5½˝ for the inside tag piece, 4¼˝ x 5¼˝for the layering base piece.
3. Stamp the flower image on both sheets of white card stock using Memento Tuxedo Black.
4. Color in the flowers and leaves with a Fantastix with your choice of Radiant Neon colors. Allow to dry completely or heat set.
5. Add Radiant Neon Electric Green to your background with a Sponge Dauber, using a light hand to create subtle shading.
6. Seal the envelope shut. Using a decorative border punch, punch along the long end of the envelope to create a pocket.
7. Assemble the pieces together as shown, then punch a hole at the top and add ribbon.
8. Fill in your party info to complete your invitation.
Wonderland Theme Invite
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukneko: Memento Desert Sand, Potter’s Clay, Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk, Bahama Blue; Brilliance Graphite Black, Ink Potion No.9, Jumbo Dauber
- May Arts: ribbon
- Penny Black: Petals die
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four and Labels Fourteen dies
- Crafty Secret: stamps
- Miscellaneous: embossing folders, rhinestones, charm, watercolor paper, cardstock (black, kraft, olive and natural)
1. Stamp the image onto water color paper with Brilliance Graphite Black. Allow to dry completely or heat set.
2. Using an acrylic block at your palette, mist with the block with Ink Potion No.9 which will be used as your color blender.
3. Apply Memento inks onto the palette, blend with Ink Potion No. 9 and color the image.
4. Once you have colored the image, die cut around the colored image with the Labels Four die.
5. With a Jumbo Dauber, edge the die cut with Memento Rich Cocoa.
6. Die cut the background Lattice and layering panels.
7. Assemble card and add embellishments.