Upcycled Wine Box
- Imagine Crafts/ TSUKINEKO : Memento: Tuxedo Black, Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy, Tangelo, Cantaloupe, Love Letter, Lady Bug, Teal Zeal; Creative Medium: Clear, Shimmer; Walnut Ink, Fireworks: Rosebud, Tangelo, Bamboo Leaves; InkBlushers; Ink Potion No. 9
- Prima: stencil # 572198
- Stampendous: Charmed Art Stamps
- May Arts: ribbon
- Miscellaneous: wine box, gesso, book paper, watercolor paper, sponge brush, palette knife, paper towel, misting water bottle
Here is a picture of the wine box that I used to create this project.
1. Glue book paper randomly on front of box using clear Creative Medium and allow to dry.
2. Cover completely with gesso and allow to dry.
3. Begin to add Memento inks onto the box, working from lightest to darkest. Blend colors together with InkBlushers.
4. Rub in Walnut Ink with a moist paper towel to antique the box and colors.
5. Use the stencil to decorate the front of box with desired colors of Memento ink.
6. Once the inks have dried, apply Creative Medium Shimmer to add depth and interest.
7. Spray on Fireworks for additional color and shimmer.
8. On a piece of watercolor paper, randomly apply Memento inks directly to the paper. Mist with Ink Potion No. 9 and blend with a paper towel.
9. Randomly stamp a collage using Memento Tuxedo Black.
10. Cut into 1″ inch squares.
11. Adhere tiles around edge of box with clear Creative Medium.
12. Add ribbon to handle.
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: StazOn Jet Black, Metallic Silver; GlazOn, InkBlushers
- Stampin’ Up: scroll stamp
- 1″ washers, wire & chain
1. Using an InkBlusher, cover the washers with StazOn Jet Black, let dry, then cover with GlazOn and let dry. You’ll want to repeat this process a few times to get total coverage.
2. Stamp scroll design on washers with StazOn Metallic Silver, let dry before applying a final coat of GlazOn.
3. Wire the washers together and add enough chain to wear as a bracelet or necklace.