Welcome to a week of fabulous projects featuring the great products from Memory Box! Our Artists In Residence were beyond excited to work with stamps and dies from our neighbor here in the Seattle area. Today we share with you two more creations from our AIRs using IMAGINE Crafts products along with some of the newest offerings from Memory Box.
Merry and Bright
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento Luxe: Northern Pine, Pistachio, Olive Green; Delicata Silvery Shimmer, Fireworks! Summer Sky, Sheer Shimmer Spritz Frost, Clear Embossing Powder
- Memory Box Stamps: ‘Forest Pine’ and ‘Merry & Bright’, ‘Merry’ Die
- White and red cardstock
1. Cut red cardstock to a 5″ x 7″ card and a piece of white cardstock just a bit smaller.
2. Stamp Forest Pine with Memento Luxe Northern Pine, then heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
3. Stamp additional trees with Memento Luxe Pistachio and Olive Green overlapping the design.
4. Die cut ‘Merry’ in the trees and make sure to keep the small pieces from the ‘e’ and ‘y’ to fill in the letters.
5. Spritz top edges of trees with Fireworks! Summer Sky and spritz the whole card with Sheer Shimmer Spritz Frost.
6. Adhere trees to red cardstock and remember to add in the extra pieces to the ‘e’ and ‘y’.
7. Stamp ‘Merry and Bright’ with Memento Luxe Northern Pine and add a few stars to the trees with Delicata Silvery Shimmer.
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: irRESISTible Bronze Texture Spray, Memento Luxe: Pistachio, Teal Zeal, Nautical Blue, Gray Flannel, Morocco; Brilliance Graphite Black, Jumbo Dauber, Craft Mat
- Memory Box: Gears, Spiders and Bats dies; Spider Web stencil
- Miscellaneous: cardstock (black, white), paint brush, bristle brush
1. Die cut gears from black cardstock.
2. Randomly apply Memento Luxe Morocco with a Jumbo Dauber onto the gears and allow to dry.
3. Remove spray head from the bottle of irRESISTible Bronze Texture Spray and apply with a paintbrush to cover the gears. The combination of the Morocco ink and the Bronze finish will give the gears a rustic look.
4. Secure the spider web stencil into place on white cardstock.
5. With a bristle brush, apply Memento Luxe Pistachio, Teal Zeal, Nautical Blue and Gray Flannel to color the background.
6. Remove stencil and trim to size.
7. Edge this piece with Morocco.
8. Stamp sentiment onto a small piece of white cardstock with Brilliance Graphite Black.
9. Lay the spider web stencil onto the sentiment piece and color as the same process as before.
10. Die cut spiders and bats from black cardstock and add to the card.
Kazuko’s helpful hint for working with die cuts….
To remove the little pieces of paper from your dies, use a lint roller (with the sticky paper) to roll across the dies to catch the paper pieces and remove them from the die. It also helps to have the die setting on the IMAGINE Crafts Craft Mat – the static electricity will help hold things in place while rolling.
Absolute genius Kazuko!