Welcome to a week of fabulous projects featuring the great products from Memory Box! Our Artists In Residence were beyond excited to work with stamps and dies from our neighbor here in the Seattle area. Today we share with you three more creations from our AIRs using IMAGINE Crafts products along with some of the newest offerings from Memory Box.
Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Savannah O’Gwynn shares with you in this video tutorial this simple and fabulous holiday card which includes stamping on acetate with StazOn inks.
Triangle Stained Glass Trees
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Vertigo Taffeta, Brilliance: Pearlescent Sky Blue, Pearlescent Orchid; Memento: Danube Blue, Versafine Onyx Black, StazOn Jet Black, irRESISTible Texture Spray Wedding Dress, Memento Markers: Bahama Blue, LuLu Lavender, Pear Tart, Grape Jelly, Rich Cocoa, Rose Bud, Tangelo; Embossing Powder Iridescent, Craft Mat, Sponge Dauber
- Memory Box: Triangle Tree, Merry Christmas rubber stamps
- DCWV: Glitter cardstock
- Miscellaneous: white cardstock, dimensional tape/adhesive, Scor Tape, heat tool
1. Cut a piece of Vertigo film measuring 4˝ x 5 1/4˝ inches.
2. With a Sponge Dauber, color the back of the film first with Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue and Pearlescent Orchid; allow to dry completely.
3. Once dry, highlight with Memento Danube Blue. NOTE: by adding the Brilliance pigment ink first, you’re giving a “tooth” to the Vertigo for the Memento dye ink to adhere.
4. Turn the Vertigo film over and spritz with irRESISTible Wedding Dress texture spray to achieve a snow fall effect. Allow to dry.
5. Ink the Triangle Tree stamp using Versafine ink. Stamp and heat emboss using Iridescent embossing powder.
6. Color in the triangles using various colors of Memento Markers to achieve the stained glass effect.
7. Adhere Vertigo to white cardstock card base measuring 4 1/4˝ x 5 1/2˝.
8. Cut a piece of glitter cardstock in the shape of rolling hills.
9. Stamp sentiment onto the lower portion.
10. Adhere on top of Vertigo with dimensional adhesive.
11. Add decorative trees to finish the card.
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Fireworks: Tangelo, Cantaloupe, Pear Tart; irRESISTible Texture Spray Dandelion, Ink Potion No. 9
- Memory Box dies: Elliana Detail Plate, Elliana Backgound, Cirque Alphabet Tags
- Lifestyle Crafts: Lattice Embossing Folder
- Prismatic Card Stock: Black (base panel, die overlay and small panel)
- Mizuhiki: Paper Cord in Red Nishiki
- Midori: Halloween “Boo” ribbon
- Tombow: MONO Multi Liquid Glue; ZOTS glue dots (mini)
- Miscellaneous: heavy weight white vellum, pre-cut/scored ivory card base 5˝ x 6 1/4˝, Mirrircard Card Stock in copper, micro hole punch
1. Cut the black base panel to 4-7/8” x 6-1/8” and adhere to the front of the base card.
2. Cut another black piece 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”.
3. Cut two pieces of the heavy weight vellum to 4-1/4” x 5-1/2”.
4. Spray one of the vellum pieces with Ink Potion No. 9, followed by Danelion irRESISTible Texture Spray followed by Fireworks! in Cantaloupe, touch of Pear Tart, and a good overlay of Tangelo. Dab with a paper towel very lightly to pick up any puddles and allow to dry. TIP: Spraying the paper with Ink Potion No. 9 minimizes the curl of the vellum when you spray with the Fireworks! and irRESISTible Craft Spray.
5. Emboss the second piece of vellum with the Elliana Detail Plate.
6. Adhere the embossed vellum onto the black card top panel.
7. Die-cut the colored vellum piece (back-side of vellum face up and the colored side closest to the metal die) and the black piece with the Elliana Background die. Before removing the steel die from the vellum piece, tape the backside with removable tape so the pieces stay intact; make sure the tape strips stick out from both sides to act like handles when you remove the vellum from the die.
8. Adhere the individual vellum die pieces onto the embossed vellum base in the appropriate spots. If you keep the pieces intact with the low-tack removable tape, it will make finding the appropriate pieces much easier. If you didn’t keep the pieces taped together and you enjoy putting puzzles together, this won’t be a problem.
￼9. Spray colored vellum piece on the left, white vellum piece embossed with Elliana Detail Plate on right.
10. After the individual pieces are attached, emboss the black overlay die cut with the Lattice embossing folder.
11. Adhere the overlay die-cut to the card top. There will be small traces of the white vellum showing because the dry embossing has stretched the paper. The white peeking through adds another element of depth.￼
12. Cut a small piece of black card stock 1-3/16” x 3-3/8”.
13. With a micro hole punch, make a hole on each side of ths piece approximately 3/16”from each side to thread the Mizuhiki cord.
14. Die-cut 2 sets of the Cirque Alphabet Tags with the copper mirrircard. Use one ‘B’ and two ‘O’s’ to spell ‘BOO’.
15. Hang the letters from the Mizuhuki paper cord on the small black piece and secure each letter on the backside with a mini Zot.
16. Secure the paper cord on the backside with tape.
17. Adhere the small piece at an angle on the left upper part of the card top.
18. Tie a small bow with the Midori ribbon and adhere with a Zot.