This week IMAGINE Crafts is proud to feature the products from Hazel & Ruby. Our Artists In Residence are here all week to inspire you with their amazing projects using IMAGINE Crafts’ products along with a selection of stencils, paper and embellishments from Hazel & Ruby.
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Creative Medium Clear & Shimmer, Memento Luxe Evergreen & Wedding Dress, StazOn Jet Black, Olive Green & Timber Brown; Delicata Silvery Shimmer, InkBlushers
- Hazel & Ruby: ‘Boutique Alpha & Numbers’ Stencil Mask, ‘Pass the Tissue’ Crafting Tissue paper
- Impress Rubber Stamps: Pine Branch
- Miscellaneous: craft store coasters
1. Using Creative Medium Clear, adhere tissue paper to craft coasters, wrap paper edges to backside and adhere.
2. Using an InkBlusher, cover coaster with Memento Luxe Wedding Dress, once dry, adhere letter stencils.
3. Using an InkBlusher, cover coaster with Memento Luxe Evergreen, making the areas around the letters the darkest. Highlight coaster edges using Delicata Silvery Shimmer.
4. Carefully remove letter mask and stamp Pine Branch with StazOn Olive Green and Timber Brown, alternating locations on each coaster. Using an InkBlusher, highlight coaster sides with StazOn Jet Black.
5. Once dry, cover coaster with Creative Medium Shimmer and let dry completely before use.
SWEET BABY Canvas
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: irResistible Pico Embellisher Wedding Dress, VersaMagic: Key Lime, Pixie Dust, Pink Grapefruit, Sea Breeze, Mango Madness; Memento: Bahamas Blue, Rosebud, Creative Medium, Sponge daubers
- Hazel & Ruby: Boutique Alpha & Numbers stencil mask, Green with Envy Makery Sequins, Pass the Tissue crafting tissue paper
- Miscellaneous: 8˝x10˝ canvas, punches (scallop circle, heart), brads
1. Adhere tissue paper to the canvas using Creative Medium.
2. Next pick your saying and stick the letter stencil mask to your canvas.
3. Using Sponge Daubers, ink till your happy with the results. I used both VersaMagic and Memento inks to create the vibrant colors.
4. Peel off the stencil letters. Outline the letters and add color using Sponge Daubers.
5. Create flowers from pink polka dot tissue. Punch six circle scallops per flower. Put a brad in the middle to secure and then fluff the petals.
6. Cut a piece of black cardstock to use as a mat under the photo and glue sequins around the edge to add some bling.
7. Punch out some hearts from the tissue paper, then add dimension to the polka dot pattern by filling in the dots with irResistible Pico Embellisher in Wedding Dress.
8. Attach your pieces to the canvas and you have a beautiful piece of art.
9. Sprinkle a few sequins to the canvas for a little interest .
I loved using this tissue paper, so with the left over word tissue paper I created this pumpkin! I first inked the word tissue paper with Memento Morocco and then tore it into small strips. With Creative Medium, I decoupaged the colored tissue paper onto a plastic pumpkin from the dollar store.