This week IMAGINE Crafts is proud to feature the products from Hazel & Ruby. Our Artists In Residence are here all week to inspire you with their amazing projects using IMAGINE Crafts’ products along with a selection of stencils, paper and embellishments from Hazel & Ruby.
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Creative Medium Clear, StazOn Teal Blue & Emerald City, irRESISTible Texture spray Teal Zeal, Fireworks spray Pear Tart, VersaMark, White Embossing Powder, InkBlushers, Craft Mat, Sponge Daubers
- Hazel & Ruby: Boutique Alpha Stencil Mask, Tissue Paper, Green with Envy sequins
- Penny Black: Petal Party stamp set, Flutters die
- May Arts: Ribbon
- My Mind’s Eye: Brad
- Craftwell: eBosser
- Miscellaneous: box, favorite adhesive, white spray paint, spray adhesive, vellum, white craft paint
1. Spray paint box with white spray paint, let dry.
2. Cover box with Clear Creative Medium using an InkBlusher. Add torn sections of tissue paper applying Creative Medium over each section.
3. Once your box is completely covered with tissue paper, add another coat of Creative Medium. Let dry. Adhere stencil masks as desired FYI the Hazel & Ruby stencils are re-positionable – trust me =) Completely coat box top and stencil mask with white craft paint, let dry.
4. Begin adding your inks. I love the look of StazOn Emerald City & Teal Blue together. Completely cover the white box with your desired color palette.
5. Spritz box with irRESISTible Texture spray Teal Zeal. Let dry. Remove the stencil mask and coat box one more time with Clear Creative Medium. Let dry.
6. Stamp flowers onto a scrap of vellum, heat emboss with white embossing powder. Trim, adhere, brad & ribbon. Attach to box.
7. Adhere tissue paper to vellum using spray adhesive. Spritz with Pear Tart Fireworks. Die cut butterfly, ink edges and attach to box. Add sequins to top of box as desired.
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Radiant Neons: Electric Pink, Electric Green, Electric Orange; Walnut Ink Crystals, Craft Mat, Sponge Daubers
- Hazel & Ruby: Boutique Alphas & Numbers Stencil Masks, Pass the Tissue crafting tissue paper
- Other: white cardstock, black fine liner pen, sketching pencil, circle stencil, adhesive, scissors
1. Begin by drawing circles onto the card
2. Use an Sponge Dauber to color the random circles and use the same stencil to draw circles onto the tissue paper.
3. Cut the tissue paper circles out and glue them down to the card
4. Stick the stencils down and re-ink using the Radiant Neons.
5. Peel the stencils away being careful not to tear the tissue paper.
6. Ink the edges of your card using Walnut Ink, blending inward with a Sponge Dauber.