This week IMAGINE Crafts is proud to feature the products from Hazel & Ruby. Our Artists In Residence are here all week to inspire you with their amazing projects using IMAGINE Crafts’ products along with a selection of stencils, paper and embellishments from Hazel & Ruby.
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Radiant Neon Electric Coral, Brilliance Moonlight white, VersaMark, Embossing powder: Verdigris, White; Creative Medium, Sponge Dauber; Mini Squeegee, Craft Mat
- Hazel & Ruby: Tissue Paper, Stencil, Sequins
- Sentiment Stamp: Paper Smooches
- Miscellaneous: white cardstock, tape/adhesive, Scor Tape, heat tool
1. Make card from cardstock. Apply creative medium onto the full card front using mini squeegee and adhere the tissue paper. Let it dry.
2. Mask using the stencil and apply VersaMark ink around the stencil using a finger dauber.
3. Apply Verdigris embossing powder and heat emboss.
4. Once cool, remove the stencil.
5. Put a drop of re-inker onto a acrylic block. Use water and color in the the non-embossed areas.
6. It would look like this. Let it dry.
7. Apply some Brilliance white ink to soften the edges of the embossing powder.
8. Stamp and emboss the sentiment onto a strip of vellum and adhere to the card. To finish adhere some sequins too.
Hazel & Ruby Book
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: StazOn: Spiced Chai, Emerald City, Blue Hawaii; VersaMark, Fireworks: Bahama Blue, Summer Sky, Danube Blue, Pear Tart, Rich Cocoa; GlazOn, GooseBumps Texture Spray Shimmer, Creative Medium Shimmer, Embossing Powder Silver, InkBlushers
Hazel & Ruby “Pass the Tissue” crafting tissue paper, “Green with Envy” The Makery Sequins
- Stampendous “Artist Elements” wood mounted stamp
- Spellbinders’ Nestabilities Square Small Classic
- Cardstock/paper: black chipboard, bronze metallic Stardream metallic card stock in Echo Bronze, Bazzill Basics Bling card stock in Tiara, Neenah Classic Crest 80 lb. card stock in Solar White, scrap of decorated paper
- Embellishments: Webster’s Pages (floral); SEI Mia Bella Sundries (spiral paper clip, acrylic blossoms, and feather charm)
- Miscellaneous: mini Zots; 1/4-inch Scor Tape or Red Line Tape; Scor Board
1. Cut two pieces of black chipboard, 6” square.
2. Adhere the text print designed tissue paper to Bazzill card stock with Creative Medium; spread the Creative Medium on the entire piece of card stock, adhere the tissue paper, and apply another layer of Creative Medium on top of the tissue paper. Allow to completely dry. Trim to 5-3/4” square.
3. Color the tissue paper with StazOn Midi’s in Emerald City leaving open spaces; allow to dry. Apply GlazOn over the entire surface and allow to dry. Add StazOn in Blue Hawaii, leaving a few small open spots; allow to dry. Apply GlazOn over the entire surface and allow to dry. Add StazOn in Spiced Chai and allow to dry. Apply a finishing coat of GlazOn over the entire surface and allow to completely dry.
4. With the largest square die, cut a square out of the center to make a frame.
5. Stamp the image with VersaMark onto the bronze card stock (5” square) and emboss with the silver embossing powder. Adhere to the backside of the frame so only the image shows through.
6. Adhere another piece of Bazzill card stock, trimmed to 5-7/8” square, to the black chipboard 6” square slightly off-set at an angle (see photo of completed cover). Then adhere the framed piece on top, again at a slight angled offset.
7. Spray the entire piece with the GooseBumps. While spraying, concentrate the spray in one spot to adhere the velvet floral and wire clip/charm embellishments, as well as the acrylic flower blossoms. Once they’re adhered, do another quick spray of GooseBumps all over. Allow to completely dry. Adhere the sequins with mini zots to the center of the acrylic blossoms and three spots along the left side of the frame opening.
8. With the second piece of black chipboard to be used as the back cover, spray the outside back with Fireworks! and allow to completely dry. Then place a scrap of decorated paper to the inside of the back cover that is trimmed to 5-15/16” square.
9. Cut several pieces of the white card stock to 11” long by 5-3/4” for the inside pages.
10. Along the long side, score at 5-3/4”. Flip the card stock over with the score line to the right, and score 1/4” from the left side. These pages will form the z-fold pages for the inside of the book.
11. Fold along the score lines. The “hill” of the score line goes to the inside of the fold. You will fold the 5-3/4” score line in one direction; and you will fold the 1/4” score line in the other direction so the “hill” or “bump” remains inside the fold.
12. Place your pages together. The outer unscored edge will tuck inside the scored edge of the next page to form the z-fold line of book pages. Place 1/4” red line adhesive tape or Scor Tape along the bottom edge of the unscored edge that will fit against the 1/4” folded edge of the next page. Press into place with your bone folder.
13. After the pages are put together, center and adhere to the inside of the front and back cover.