I typically stick to cardmaking… it’s what I love. Decor projects of any kind are a bit out of my comfort zone, but when my kids saw this cute wooden pumpkin basket at Michael’s, they really wanted it! So I figured I’d have a go at making it pretty, and I have to say I adore how it turned out!
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Vertigo Taffeta, Memento: Rich Cocoa, Morocco, Dandelion, Bamboo Leaves; Sheer Shimmer Spritz Gold), Walnut Ink, Fireworks!: Rich Cocoa, Bamboo Leaves, Pear tart, Cottage Ivy; irRESISTible Texture Spray Pear Tart, InkBlushers, Sponge Dauber
- Spectrum Noir: Ultra Smooth White cardstock; alcohol markers
- Crafter’s Companion UK: Ivy metal dies
- Stampendous: PenPattern Leaves + coordinating metal dies
- Misc: Darice foam adhesive; Collall All Purpose glue, wooden pumpkin basket (Michael’s), eBrush (Craftwell)
1. Spray basket using eBrush. For this one, I’ve used Spectrum Noir markers OR2, OR3, and TN6.
2. Stamp leaves on white cardstock with Rich Cocoa ink.
3. Using Sponge Daubers, apply Bamboo Leaves, Dandelion, and Morocco ink as desired.
4. Die cut with coordinating leaf dies.
5. Spray Walnut Ink and Sheer Shimmer Spritz Gold on die cut leaves.
6. Die cut three more leaves with Vertigo (not pictured).
7. Die cut ivy pieces and spray as desired with Fireworks and irRESISTable sprays.
7. Adhere cardstock leaves and Vertigo leaves together with a liquid glue.
8. Trim ivy pieces to fit as desired in basket.
9. Attach all pieces to basket, using foam adhesive for dimension.