This week IMAGINE Crafts is proud to feature the fun and amazing stamps from Lawn Fawn! Our Artists In Residence are here all week to inspire you with their amazing projects using IMAGINE Crafts’ products along with rubber stamps from Lawn Fawn. Be sure to visit both company’s blogs daily for ideas, tips and techniques from our design teams.
Everyone is making and showing Holiday cards and I am no exception. However, with the wonderful announcement last week from Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko about their new Neon irRESISTible Spray and Pico Embellishers, I knew I had to make something fun and non-traditional. Making this card was a blast! With each new color I added, I could see how different and whimsical this card was going to be. Many thanks to Lawn Fawn for providing me the perfect sentiment with flair.
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: irRESISTible Pico Embellisher: Electric Purple, Electric Yellow, Eletric Coral, Electric Pink, Electric Blue, Electric Orange, Wedding Dress; Radiant Neon Electric Purple, Clear Embossing Powder, Craft mat
- Lawn Fawn: ‘Love You a Latte’ stamp set
- The Twinery: Lilac Stripe twine
- Silhouette: Cameo Machine
- Miscellaneous: White cardstock, Foam Adhesive, Heat gun, clear tape
1. Cut a card base from White card stock measuring 4.25 x 11 inches, fold in half and set aside. Die cut circles and card front from white card stock with Silhouette Cameo. Would you like a FREE cutting file? Click here for the file.
On the solid panel, ink just around the circle with Radiant Electric Purple ink. Align center circles and adhere this panel to the back of the Dots panel.
2. Now that the panels are put together, they have formed a small “well” to hold all the Pico Radiant Neon colors. Fill each of the “wells” with different Neon colors.
NOTE: To avoid bubbles, always start your Pico Embellisher on scratch paper.
3. After the Radiant Neon colors are dry, place a small dot of Pico Wedding White on each color. Let dry. Place this panel over your card base, position, stamp and heat emboss sentiment using Radiant Neon Electric Purple ink and Clear Embossing Powder.
4. Cut about 20 inches of twine. Squirt a small amount of irRESISTible Pico Electric Purple onto Craft Mat and swirl twine to evenly coat. Let dry.
5. Wrap twine around card edge and circle four times, adhere on back with tape. Tie a double bow and adhere to card front as shown.
6. Adhere card front to card base with foam adhesive.
You’re a Hoot
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: VersaFine Onyx Black, Vertigo Tilted, Craft Mat
- Lawn Fawn: Stamps and dies
- Sizzix: square dies and label die
- Miscellaneous: cardstock (white, red textured), Sookwang Tape, dimensional adhesive
1. Die cut your card and Vertigo using square dies in different sizes.
2. Layer the diecuts and stick together using Sookwang tape. Use a bone folder to gently rub around the edges of the Vertigo – this will make the glue tape almost transparent and provide a shiny border.
3. Stamp the Lawn Fawn images using VersaFine Onyx Black onto white cardstock and then cut out using the matching dies.
4. Stamp the sentiment and cut out using the label die.
5. Assemble the card with dimensional adhesive.
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: VersaColor Sky Blue, Fireworks! Summer Sky, Sheer Shimmer Spritz Frost, Embossing Powder: Clear, White; VersaMark, InkBlushers
- LawnFawn ‘Deck the Halls’ stamp set
- Various cardstock and ribbon
It is great to have a stamp set that is small enough to make tags but also has detail!
1. Cut the various cardstock into 3/4″ strips. Using the red and kraft cardstock, stamp the sentiment and snowflakes with VersaMark and emboss with white embossing powder.
2. Using the white cardstock, stamp the sentiment and snowflakes with VersaMark and clear emboss. Using an InkBlusher, apply the VersaColor Sky Blue ink. The ink will not dry to the embossing so you can take a paper towel and lightly wipe it down when the card is dry.
3. Punch a hole in one end of each tag. Then give the tags a bit of shimmer using Fireworks! Summer Sky on the blue tag and Sheer Shimmer Spritz Frost on the red and kraft paper tags.
4. Once the tags are completely dry, add a ‘TO: and FR:’ to the long end and loop a piece of decorative ribbon to attach to the gift.