This week IMAGINE Crafts is proud to feature the fun and amazing stamps from Lawn Fawn! Our Artists In Residence are here all week to inspire you with their amazing projects using IMAGINE Crafts’ products along with rubber stamps from Lawn Fawn. Be sure to visit both company’s blogs daily for ideas, tips and techniques from our design teams.
Lawn Fawn “Merry Christmas” Greetings Video Tutorial
Cathy Andronicou is here to share with you this fun Holiday greeting card using Lawn Fawn stamps with Memento inks and markers.
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento: Tuxedo Black, Summer Sky, London Fog, Grape Jelly, Danube Blue; irRESISTible Pico Embellisher Wedding Dress; Creative Medium Shimmer; Memento Markers: Gray Flannel, Lulu Lavender, Summer Sky and Tangelo; Sponge Dauber
- Lawn Fawn: LF727 Winter Penguin
- Spellbinders Paper Arts: Curved Borders One, Fancy Labels Tags One, Snowflake Bliss
- Miscellaneous: Lavender Rhinestones, Purple, white and blue cardstock, adhesive. foam dots, washi tape
1. Cut Curved Borders One with scrap paper.
2. Affix the curved border piece to white cardstock, sized 4 x 5 1/4 inches to the center using washi tape as shown.
3. Sponge Summer Sky ink above the curved border piece with a Sponge Dauber. Add ink along the bottom edge of the curved piece as well.
4. Sponge Danube Blue ink above the curved border piece, and leaving some of the Summer Sky ink showing (you are producing a gradient effect), with a Sponge Dauber.
5. Sponge Grape Jelly ink above the curved border piece, and leaving some Danube Blue and Summer Sky ink showing (you are producing a gradient effect), with a Sponge Dauber.
6. Stamp Lawn Fawn “Winter Penguin” onto lower portion of the cardstock with Tuxedo Black ink. Add the small heart stamp using London Fog ink.
7. Color the penguin with Memento Markers: Gray Flannel, Tangelo, Lulu Lavender and Summer Sky.
8. Add Creative Medium Shimmer to the bottom portion with a paint brush to create the icy pond.
9. Remove the curved border piece and add “snow” using irRESISTibles Wedding Dress Pico Embellisher.
10. Stamp sentiment on die cut and add to the panel, then glue panel to a card. Finish with a snowflake die cut.
Have An ICE Day
Lawn Fawn’s photopolymer clear stamps are exceptionally well made and worked wonderfully with the inks I used from IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko. I loved the characters and accompanying sentiments in the “Critters in the Attic” stamp set.
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Brilliance: Pearlescent Sky Blue, Peacock (multi-colored ink pad); VersaFine: Onyx Black and Majestic Blue; VersaMagic: Turquoise Gem, Sea Breeze, Niagara Mist; irREISISTible Pico Embellisher Wedding Dress, Goosebumps Texture Spray Shimmer, Ink Potion No. 9, Fantastix (Bullet Point and Brush Tip), InkBlushers
- Lawn Fawn Critters in the Attic Stamp Set LF 708
- Prima: 6×6 Irregular Dots Stencil
- Copic Markers: Cool Gray No. 1, 2 & 7; Prussian Blue
- Spellbinders Dies: Classic Squares Small, Labels Twelve
- Authentique Paper: Anchored paper collection
- Cardstock/paper: 140 lb. cold press watercolor paper by Strathmore, 65 lb. black card stock, Coconut Velvet Paper from SEI, 118 lb. Conqueror Card Stock in White Diamond (5×5 card), blue Mirricard card stock
- Miscellaneous: light blue crystals, Scor Tape, Tombow Mono Adhesive, Glue Dots, removable adhesive tape
1. Using the Brilliance Peacock multi-colored inkpad, apply color onto the watercolor paper with an InkBlusher using the Prima stencil. Spray the paper with Ink Potion No. 9 to blend the colors a little. Allow to dry.
2. Stamp the walrus and “smile” sentiment onto the stenciled paper with VersaFine in Onxy Black. Stamp the walrus again onto white paper and cut out to use as a mask.
3. With removable adhesive, tape the walrus mask over the stamped walrus. Stamp the ice flow block so the walrus is sitting on it. Remove mask.
4. Color the ice flow block with the Brilliance in Pearlescent Sky Blue, VersaMagic Sea Breeze, Turquoise Gem and Niagara Mist using the Fantastix.
5. Color the walrus with Copic markers – use the Prussian Blue Copic Marker on the eyes, nose and outline of the tusks.
6. Stamp the sentiment “have an ice day” under images with VersaFine in Majestic Blue.
7. Spray the card stock with Goosebumps in Shimmer. Allow to dry.
8. Die cut the walrus image with the next-to-the-largest square die. Die cut black card stock with the largest square die. Cut the velvet paper into a 4-inch square. Die cut the center with the largest Label Twelve die so the 4-inch square can be used as a frame.
9. Adhere the stamped image to the black square die cut. Adhere this set to the base panel card stock from Authentique (4-3/4” square), offset a little to the right. Overlay the velvet frame die cut and adhere with 1/4” Scor Tape along the 4 edges, and glue dots on each inside corner.
10. Randomly adhere different sizes of light blue crystals on the left side of the card. If you have any left-over die cut pieces from another project that are appropriate, use them; in this case, a wheel and a very small circle die cut were used from a project using blue Mirricard card stock.
11. Place the tiny circle die as a “dot” to the “i” in smile; placed the wheel die cut around one of the crystals.
12. With the irRESISTible Pico Embellisher, make small white dots on top of some of the background stenciled dots for snow. Allow to dry.
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento Luxe: Rich Cocoa, Love Letter; VersaMarker, irRESISTible PICO Embellisher Wedding Dress
- Lawn Fawn: “LOVE YOU A LATTE” stamps
- Spellbinders: Large Circle, Scalloped Circles dies
- Miscellaneous: card stock (blue, red, white, black), colored pencils, adhesive and dimensional adhesive
1. Die cut large circle onto white cardstock.
2. Stamp images with Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa and allow to dry.
3. Color in the cup with a blue colored pencils, using a darker color on the sides of the cup to highlight.
4. Use a VersaMarker to blend your colors together.
5. Continue coloring the bottom of the card to create a table, blending colors using a VersaMarker.
6. Die cut larger circle layering piece from black cardstock using the scalloped circles die. Adhere colored panel on top with dimensional adhesive.
7. Randomly stamp candy canes with Memento Luxe Love Letter and fill in with colored pencils onto white cardstock.
8. Cut/score square card base from blue cardstock. Cut a smaller layer of red cardstock, and trim the candy cane layer smaller to fit inside of the red layer.
9. Add dots with the irresistible Pico Embellisher in Wedding Dress around the border on the red layering piece. Alternate the size of the dots.
10. Assemble card as shown.