I’m forgetful these days! One of the things I’ve been especially bad about since we moved earlier this year is birthdays… they just sneak up on me! Imagine my panic when I realized my mom’s birthday was fast approaching, and I needed to get a card in the mail immediately (as in, the same day I remembered) or it would arrive late! She lives on the beach and loves all things related to the ocean, so I knew exactly what to make for her.
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento Tuxedo Black, Fireworks! Summer Sky
- Spectrum Noir: Floral, Marine, Essentials sets of colored pencils
- Crafter’s Companion: Maid of the Sea by Sheena Douglass (rubber stamp set)
- Neenah: Desert Storm cardstock
- Hemptique: Twine (Natural)
- Misc: Darice foam adhesive, Collall All Purpose glue, Stamp-a-ma-jig, CutterBee scissors
1. Stamp the mermaid image on to a piece of cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
2. Without re-inking the stamp, stamp the image again, directly onto the card base. (Note: this is for a placement guide for the next step)
3. Using a Stamp-a-ma-jig, stamp wave images directly on to card base with Tuxedo Black ink. Use the lightly stamped mermaid image as a guide for where to place these images.
4. Stamp the waves again on additional cardstock using Tuxedo Black ink. (Note: for this tutorial, four additional wave images were stamped)
5. Color all images as desired. For this card, Spectrum Noir blendable colored pencils were used as follows:
Waves: 55, 70, 75, 64, 69, 75, 117, 01
Mermaid Tail: 36, 37, 39, 42, 09 (fin: 83, 38, 40)
Skin: 03, 04, 05, 09, 85, 89
Hair: 117, 119, 120
Rocks: 109, 110, 114, 102
6. Fussy cut mermaid and additional waves.
7. Spray card base and additional waves with Fireworks! Summer Sky.
8: Using Stamp-a-ma-jig, stamp sentiment on card base with Tuxedo Black ink.
9: Using foam adhesive for dimension, adhere mermaid and waves to card base as desired. Use wet glue to attach some as well.
10: Tie twine around the top of the card.