Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Today, I have a Thank You card for you, we all need these especially at this time of the year. As you all know the chalkboard effect is very trendy these days, so I decided to combine the chalkboard effect with a multi-inking technique.
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento Luxe: Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Morocco, Love Letter; Brilliance Moonlight White, VersaMark, Brushstix, Fantastix, Craft Mat, Sponge Dauber
- Avery Elle: “Petals and Stems” and ” Sending You” stamp sets
- WOW!: Mandarin embossing powder
- Miscellaneous: black cardstock, white cardstock, white gel pen, glue dots
1. Cut Black card stock 4.25 x 11 inches, fold in half. Stamp flowers onto scrap paper and cut out to use as mask.
2. Stamp leaves and berries onto the white panel, using the flower masks to guide the position. Let dry.
3. Using a Brushstix, color the berries with Memento Luxe Rose Bud by “dotting” over the berries. Let dry.
4. Once the berries are dry, use a white gel pen to create highlights.
5. Apply Brilliance Moonlight White using a Fantastix to create the line all around the card. Smear with your fingers to create a chalkboard smudgy effect.
6. Ink the flower stamp using a light color light color. Use a Sponge Dauber to ink the center part with the darker color ink to create a multi-inked flower.
7. Stamp onto white cardstock and fussy cut.
Here is a variation of this technique using contrasting colors of Memento Luxe inks.
8. Adhere the flowers using glue dots.
9. Stamp and emboss the sentiment.
6 thoughts on “Chalkboard Thanks Card!”
Isha, this is gorgeous…I love how the colors are so vibrant.
How lovely!!! The colors are so bright and cheerful against the black! LOVE it! TFS!
I love this card! The colors are wonderful together.
this card is stunning, Isha. the colors you chose are ‘wow’ on this card.
… I dream of one day being able to handle inks like you do Isha!!!