I wanted to make a fun family activity that encouraged my kids to think about what they’re grateful for, share what my husband and I are grateful for AND look pretty good in my dining room… so I hatched a plan for this Gratitude Jar. The idea is that each day leading up to Thanksgiving well all write something short on a tag and put it in the jar. Then on Thanksgiving, we will pull them out and see what everyone wrote!
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: StazOn: Ganache, Cactus Green, Orange Zest, Mustard, Spiced Chai, St. Valentine; Memento LUXE Morocco inker, Fireworks: Desert Sand, Dandelion, Bamboo Leaves, Tangelo; Walnut Ink spray, Memento Marker Espresso Truffle, Ink Dropper, SHEET Metal Postcard
- Crafter’s Companion: Rock-a-Blocks
- Simon Says Stamp: Giving Thanks (clear stamp set); Sketchy Banners (metal dies)
- Lawn Fawn: Thank You Tags (clear stamp set); Tag You’re It, Stitched Journaling tag, Stitched Leaves (metal dies)
- Neenah: Desert Storm cardstock
- Misc: Darice cork embossing folder; re-purposed jar ; twine
1. Ink tree with StazOn Spiced Chai, using a Rock-a-Block, roll onto glass jar. When stamping, applying less pressure when the stamp is first placed onto the glass to create a bit of shadow on one side. Increase pressure as the Rock-a-Block is rolled.
2. Repeat Step One to stamp leaves in desired StazOn colors – I used Mustard, Cactus Green, and Orange Zest.
3. Repeat Step One again for the sentiment, using Ganache.
4. Create the cardstock for the leaves and tags by spraying with Fireworks sprays and Walnut Ink as desired. (Spray both sides of the cardstock)
5. Put a drop of Memento LUXE refill ink on a scrap piece of acrylic or a plastic tray. Add water and mix. Use an Ink Dropper to collect the ink and spritz randomly on cardstock. If desired, wipe with a paper towel as well to spread color around.
6. Die cut tags from cardstock made in Step Four and Five using metal dies in various shapes.
7. Stamp small leaf on each tag using StazOn ink of choice.
8. Die cut leaves from cardstock made in Step Four and Five using metal dies in various shapes.
9. Use the brush tip of Memento Dual-Tip marker to color the edges of leaves for contrast.
10. Emboss large piece of SHEET Metal in the Postcard size.
11. Roll SHEET metal slightly to place inside jar. Add tags.
12. Wrap twine around jar lid and attach a few leaves.
13. Attach a few leaves to outside of jar.
14. Drop remaining leaves inside jar, between the SHEET Metal and jar.