With Christmas fast approaching it is time to get serious about creating Christmas cards. If you are anything like me, you want to send unique ones to your nearest and dearest – but time is a challenge. Today I am sharing how to create a card that has the ‘WOW’ factor and it a lot easier to create than it looks! If I start now my friends may actually get handmade cards from me this year….
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento: Summer Sky, Nautical Blue, Rich Cocoa; Delicata Silvery Shimmer, Craft Mat, Sponge Daubers, Embossing Powder White, VersaMark
- Spellbinders: S4-293 Lacey Circles, S4-444 Royal Circle Nestabilities® Decorative Elements dies; S2-009 Fantastic Flourish Two Shapeabilities® Die D-Lites™
- Kaisercraft Paper: After 6 Collection 6×6 paper
- Stampendous: Cling Dove Music
- Prima: small white rose
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: 3D Foam Squares, E-Z Adhesive Runner
- Cardstock: white
- Want2Scrap: Swirls Finesse Silver Rhinestones, Beautiful Bling Borders, Blue Rhinestones, Baby Bling Silver Rhinestones
- Miscellaneous: liquid glue, scissors; acrylic block
1. Stamp image using Versamark.
2. Heat emboss with white embossing powder.
3. Lightly color random areas of the dove using Memento Summer Sky with a Sponge Dauber.
4. Repeat using Memento Nautical Blue and then finish with Silvery Shimmer.
5. Hand cut/fussy cut the dove using scissors.
6. Cut/emboss two (2)Fantastic Flourish Two using white cardstock.
7. Use the die as a stencil to color the inside the die edges using Memento Rich Cocoa and a Sponge Dauber before removing the card from the die.
8. Adhere the flourishes to opposite corners of the Kaisercraft paper using liquid glue. NOTE: Paper is cut 5 1/2 ” x 5 1/2 Inches and layered onto a slightly larger card base.
9. Cut/emboss one (1) Lacey Circles in white cardstock.
10. Cut /emboss one (1) Royal Circles in blue cardstock.
11. Layer the dies using 3 D Foam Squares.
12. Center the dove, popping it up on 3D foam Squares.
13. Add Swirl Finesse as shown in the photo above.
14. Adhere paper rose using liquid glue.
15. Stamp sentiment circle using Memento Nautical Blue.
16. Cut/emboss sentiment and layer into blue, slightly larger circle.
17. Adhere baby bling around the sentiment
18. Add bling borders and blue bling as shown in the main photo.