I have a thing for key chains – the bigger the better as far as I’m concerned. I love that I am able to make them out of a variety of materials and change them up frequently following the current seasons and holidays. I thought this field of poppies scene would be perfect to welcome in Spring this year. All Purpose Inks make it easy to do as well as beautiful.
1. Ink up the image with Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black; stamp onto a piece of pre-washed cotton material.
2. Darken up the lines (if desired) with Real Black Fabrico Marker.
3. Shake up the All Purpose Ink to it is well mixed. Use a Fantastix and begin coloring the image (Tangerine API).
4. To prevent the inks from blending, at this point iron the painted image before moving on. ALWAYS heat set (iron) after adding a new color to prevent any possibly blending of colors.
5. I skipped the ironing for now because I wanted the Tangerine and Poppy Red API to blend, but DO heat set once all of the flowers have been colored.
6. Continue coloring the image with the Fantastix and All Purpose Inks. Grass = (mix) Apple Green and Spring Green API
7. Ground = Sand API
8. Mountains & Windows = Bright Copper API
9. Trees = Emerald API
10. Sky = (mix) Sky Blue & Cerulean Blue
11. House = Lemon Yellow API
12. Roof & door = Poppy Red
13. To add a bit of a shadow in the field area I applied a bit of the Cerulean Blue in the lower left hand corner. The blue did not mix with the green because the green API had previously been heat set.
14. Color approximately 1″ on all sides of the image with Vegas Gold API.
15. Trim the image and a backing piece from the cotton. Pin the wrong sides together and add a bit of batting and then stitch up the sides. Turn and hand stitch the open end.
16. Stitch on the key ring loop and chain.
IMAGINE Crafts featuring Tsukineko: All Purpose Ink: Apple Green, Bright Copper, Cerulean Blue, Emerald, Lemon Yellow, Poppy Red, Sand, Sky Blue, Spring Green, Tangerine and Vegas Gold; Fantastix; Memento Luxe Ink: Tuxedo Black
Other: Stampendous: Poppy Scene CRM234; White Cotton Fabric (pre-washed); batting; Iron; Sewing Machine; Key Ring Findings