irRESISTible Texture Spray Ink Resist
by Mark Melnick
Thinking ahead to Spring, I created this mixed media card using several colors of Memento Dye Inks and Imagine Crafts Copper irRESISTible Texture Spray. For added visual interest, I then embossed a small die cut copper square.
Difficulty: Beginner – Intermediate
Time Required: 45 minutes + drying time
1. Start with a piece of white cardstock and cut to 4″ x 6″. This piece will be placed on a 5″ x 7″ card. Next spray the card with irRESISTible Texture Spray in Sweet Plum to create a beautifully textured background.
2. Now take a stencil and cover the card stock completely. Spray with irRESISTible Texture Spray in Copper over the stencil. Remove stencil immediately and with care.
3. Take Memento Dye Inks in your favorite pastel colors and apply to a craft sheet. Spray with water. Turn cardstock upside down and rub into the wet inks on the craft sheet. Allow to air dry or use a heat tool. Wipe ink from design areas created with the irRESISTible Texture Spray as the ink will resist the texture sprayed areas.
4. Cut a small square of copper and emboss. Using an embossing folder featuring a design with lots of small detail works best. Attach copper piece to cardstock using a copper eyelet set upside down for unique dimension.
5. Attach the finished piece of cardstock to the 5″ x 7″ card. Ink the edges of the 5″ x 7″ piece for a more completed look.
Imagine Crafts featuring Tsukineko:
Additional Supplies Used:
- Copper Sheets