Mixed Media THANK YOU Card
by Mark Melnick
Creating mixed media art is fun and allows you to be extremely creative. Here, I have used several techniques to create this beautiful Thank You card.
Time Required: 1 hour + drying time
1. Cut a piece of cardstock to 4×6. This piece will be attached to the actual card when finished. Choose a stencil and place over the cardstock piece.2. Spread some Vintage Artist’s Creative Medium over the stencil using a palette knife. Scrape excess medium from stencil and place back into the jar. Remove stencil immediately with care.3. While the medium is still wet, cover the entire area with EMBOSS Verdigris Embossing Powder. Shake off the excess and allow to air dry. The medium will bubble or crack if heat tool is used.
4. Once the medium is dry, use a heat tool to melt the embossing powder.5. Cut a piece approximately ¾” from one end of the embossed piece.6. Attach the larger piece to the final 5×7 card. Choose your sentiment and stamp
underneath using VersaMark Ink. Emboss sentiment with EMBOSS Verdigris
Embossing Powder. Remove the cardstock to work on the main card.
7. Stamp a 5×7 piece with a background pattern; I used the entire Memento Ink pad dry to
mimic a leaf shape. Attach the pieces to the card. Finish by inking the edges of the card
with a coordinating color of Memento Dye Ink, VersaColor or VersaCraft Ink.
Imagine Crafts featuring Tsukineko:
- Memento Dye Ink – Bamboo Leaves
- EMBOSS Embossing Powder – Verdigris
- Creative Medium – Vintage
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad – Clear
- Palette Knives
- Card Stock
- Sentiment Stamps
- Washi Tape