TECHNIQUE – THE MAGIC OF INK POTION No.9
Watercolor with Ink Potion No. 9 is simply amazing! You can use dye ink pads like Kaleidacolor or Pigment Inks like Memento Luxe to obtain stunning results. In today’s project, I will show you how to apply the color using the benefits of this wonderful blending solution.
1. Cut a piece of 4 ¼” x 5 ½” watercolor paper with a die cut of your preference. Don’t remove the die cut of this layer. Keep it in the original position.
2. Select your colors of Pigment Ink. For my project, I am using Memento Luxe Rhubarb Stalk, Pear Tart, Pistachio and Brilliance Pearlescent Coral and Pearlescent Poppy.
3. Put a few drops of Ink Potion No. 9 on an acrylic block, using a Fantastix start to apply the ink directly to your die cut piece. To dilute or mix the colors, you can use the drops of Ink Potion No. 9. Use different Fantastix for each color of ink. When you finish your coloring process, remove your die cut.
4. Take the brayer and ink it with a Kaleidacolor Ink Pad, I am using the Bouquet collection. Spray a brayer with the Ink Potion No. 9 and roll it over the entire watercolor piece, keeping in the same way. It will dry immediately.
5. Stamp a sentiment on the inked piece using VersaMark and White Embossing Powder. Adhere this layer onto a card base of regular size, 4-1/4″x 5-1/2″.
6. Using fun foam cut the same die cut that you used at the beginning of the process and keep all the details or negative pieces in place. Take your colored die cut and adhere to the fun foam die cut. You can use an adhesive sheet or any other glue.
Depending on the ink colors that you used you may decide to keep all the negative colored pieces if you want or discard them. In my project, I decided to remove the negative pieces inside of the flowers.
7. Adhere your die cut over the decorated layer. With this step, you will have the hidden die cut technique with watercolors.
Imagine Crafts Featuring Tsukineko:
- Ink Potion No. 9
- Memento Luxe: Pear Tart, Pistachio, and Rhubarb Stalk.
- Brilliance: Pearlescent Poppy and Pearlescent Coral
- Kaleidacolor: Bouquet
- Versamark: Original
- Embossing Powder: White
- Craft Mat
- Rose with Leave die cut by DieNamites, All things Possible Stamp Set by Joy Clair.
- Miscellaneous: Watercolor Paper, Very Vanilla card stock, Fun Foam, liquid glue, white sequins.
- Tools: Brayer, Heat Tool