Faux Leather Technique using Amplify!
by Neva Cole
Several techniques imitate faux leather, but this technique not only looks like leather it also feels like leather!
Difficulty: Beginner – Intermediate
Time: 45 minutes
1. Spread a line of Amplify! directly onto a Lucite brayer and add a few drops of Memento Re-Inker in Rich Cocoa directly on top of the Amplify! on the brayer. Roll the mixture onto a piece of Kraft cardstock trimmed to 4” x 5 ¼”. Clean the brayer immediately. Heat the Amplify! to cure and dry it onto the cardstock.
2. Place the Amplify! cardstock piece into an embossing folder and emboss it, I used the Cuttlebug Animal Print Snakeskin folder. Ink the raised portions with Memento Inks in Toffee Crunch and Peanut Brittle. Heat to cure and set the inks.
3. Stamp a sentiment on Kraft cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa and die cut with Lawn Cut Stitched Hillside Borders dies.
4. Die cut Kraft, brown, and cream cardstock with Elizabeth Craft Designs Rope One dies. Spray with Walnut Ink in Java, Willow, and Eucalyptus.
5. Adhere the layers to an A2 cream cardstock base.
Imagine Crafts featuring Tsukineko:
- Radiant Neon Amplify! white
- Memento Rich Cocoa, Toffee Crunch, Peanut Brittle
- Walnut Ink Java, Willow, Eucalyptus
- Cuttlebug Animal Print Snakeskin embossing folder
- Hero Arts “It’s Your Day” stamp set
- Elizabeth Craft Designs Rope 1
- Lawn Cuts Stitched Hillside Borders
- Miscellaneous: Lucite brayer, heat gun, die cut machine, Kraft, brown and cream cardstock.