by Terre Fry
My niece Deianeira was such a cute baby! I just love her watermelon outfit, it makes me think of summer fun with family getting together for barbecues—complete with those pesky ants!
Time: 30 minutes
Trim your pattern paper to 10 x 10 and mat your photos on black and white cardstock. Add adhesive and secure to the 12 x 12 piece of pattern paper.
Die cut or punch 9 small circles using a die cut machine. Use Embossing Pad and Embossing Powder Black to give the black circles a nice shine. Use tweezers when using the heat tool so you don’t burn your hand.
Adhere three circles together in a row to create an ant body. Use scrap pieces of black cardstock to make legs and antennae. Use a piece of bling or irRESISTible Pico Embellisher to make eyes. Make three ants.
Finish your scrapbook layout and embellish with the handmade ants. I drew in little ant trails with a Memeno Dual Tip Marker in Tuxedo Black.
- Embossing – clear stamp pad, black powder
- irRESISTible – Pico Embellisher in Gray Flannel (optional)
- Memento – Tuxedo Black Dual Tip Marker
- Spellbinders – Grand Calibur Machine, Classic Circles Small
- Want2Scrap – Pearl Baby Bling (optional)
- Beacon Adhesives – Zip Dry
- Black cardstock
- Pattern Paper