Today’s burst of tangerine is a refreshing view of orange that is showing itself in a natural flower form. Neva creates a beautiful handmade card with daisy aster flowers as the focal point and Jennifer created a delightful tutorial video with steps on how to create a mum flower theme card. We are always amazed with what our artists create with blank cardstock and ink!
Have a Wonderful Birthday by Neva Cole
There are so many wonderful tangerine colored flowers, the daisy asters being one example. I created this card with the hope of making these flowers burst forward and to isolate the sentiment and draw attention back to the card. Super fun to create!
I started by die cutting multiple layers to create very realistic flowers with a bit of shaping. Yes, these are actually die cut and not pre-made. I selected a matching stamp set from Heartfelt Creations to decorate the card layers to fashion a cohesive look with the coordinating dies. And just like a good crafter would, I finished by adding Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz to the front panel along with the Tangerine All-Purpose Ink with the same Gold Shimmer to create a very striking look!
- All-Purpose Ink – Tangerine
- Sheer Shimmer Spritz – Gold
- Fireworks! Shimmery Craft Spray – Dandelion
- Brilliance Inkpad – Pearlescent Ivy
- Encore Ultimate Metallic – Honeydew
- Tear It! Tape
- On Point Glue
- Heartfelt Creations – Delicate Asters stamp and die set, Bold Delicate Asters stamp set, Inspire Me sentiment
- Cardstock – white
- Ball stylus
- Corner rounder
Tangerine Mums Single Layer Card by Jennifer Vanderbeek
When it doubt, go back to basics. In this card, I managed to find my crafting nirvana with a single-layer card because I followed three basic design principles: Repetition, Rule of Three and Balance of Positive and Negative Space. Of course, basics don’t have to be static or boring. By switching up techniques and combinations of the three values of color, the image is interesting instead of static. By repeating the shape through a stencil with Creative Medium, there is the added element of texture. And by adding doodles and other handwritten embellishments, there is the added personality. If this is right up your alley then check out my quick tutorial video on how to do it.
- Memento Luxe – Dandelion
- Memento Inkpad– Potter’s Clay, Tangelo
- Memento Markers – Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart
- Fabrico Markers – Tangerine
- Fireworks! Shimmery Craft Spray – Potter’s Clay
- Creative Medium – Clear
- Card Stock – white
- Practical Publishing Intl – Floral Blooms stencil and stamp set
- Post It! – Repositionable Tape
- Acrylic block