Do you have an addiction to your local craft store? Have you carved out an area in your home for your craft supplies collection? Do you create fun projects on a regular basis and post them to your blog or Instagram? Do you squeal when you see a new stamp set or scrapbook theme? Well you might be a good fit for our 2018 Artist In Residence Program.
Imagine is proud to announce its call for Artists In Residence for 2018! We are looking for artists and designers who can inspire our customers and community with colorful and fun projects using Imagine and Tsukineko products.
Perks of being an Artist in Residence for Imagine:
- Exposure of your work on our growing blog, social media, website and print platforms.
- Monthly art challenges, themes, and fellow artist camaraderie and support.
- Generous supply of Imagine and Tsukineko products with which to create your projects.
- Be involved with product development and get advanced access to new products before the public.
- Opportunities to grow your stash with product from Imagine’s preferred partners.
- Links back to your blog or website connected to each blog post featuring your work.
We are looking for energetic artists to fill two different exciting roles for 2018:
Project/Tutorial Artists who create and provide 2 to 3 different projects or innovative techniques per month with complete instructions and photographs that will be featured online and in printed formats.
Video Project/Tutorial Artists who will submit 2 edited videos per month featuring a project and/or innovative technique, which will be shared with our community. See our YouTube channel for examples.
Artists in Residence basic requirements:
- A commitment of one year — January 1st, 2018 through December 31st, 2018.
- Ability to produce professional photographs, and submit them as high-res JPG format images for all projects (including step-by-step) by required due dates.
- Submit clearly written and detailed instructions in English for each project, including a comprehensive list of all supplies used, in Word or PDF format.
- Socially active online with an established blog and Facebook presence.
- Not currently employed and/or affiliated with competing manufacturers including as a design team member, guest designer, etc.
- For further information, see our Artists In Residence Summary.
Show Us Your Artwork!
Show us just how creative you are! Submit artwork using Imagine and/or Tsukineko products. There are no limits to what you can create—scrapbook layouts, cards, altered art, mixed media designs, jewelry, home decor items or whatever your niche art may be.
Please submit one original work of art—one that hasn’t been published, featured online, etc.
Submission Process for Round 1
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “2018 AIRs Round 1 <your name>”.
The body of your email must include the following information: name, mailing address, phone number, email address, your personal blog and/or website address, and two links to any additional online content of your work (including videos) that you feel showcase your style.
If you are submitting to be a Project/Tutorial Artist:
Attached to your email should be a quality, minimum 700px wide jpg of your original artwork. Please also include a short paragraph about your piece and list what products you used to create it. Name the photograph of your artwork “AIRs_<your name>_2018.JPG” using underscores in the name instead of spaces.
If you are submitting to be a Video Project/Tutorial Artist:
Attached to your email should be a quality, minimum 700px wide jpg of your original artwork. Please also include a list of what products you used to create it. The two links you provide should both include videos you created about your artwork in general (not necessarily the artwork you submit). Name the photograph of your artwork “AIRs_<your name>_2018.JPG” using underscores in the name instead of spaces.
Round 1 submissions are due by 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time on Wednesday, October 18th.
Those artists who will be continuing on to the next round will be contacted by Wednesday, November 1st with further instructions.
Once we have announced our 2018 Artists In Residence, the work will quickly begin…each Artist In Residence will be shipped their “essentials” kit, along with our NEW releases for the 2018 Creativation Show.