Christmas is a crafter’s time to shine! Between cardmaking, gift wrapping, and other crafting awesomeness, creative folks have a lot to do and to plan for. Today we remind you to get a jump start on gift tags with two projects by Jennifer Vanderbeek and Roni Johnson. Enjoy!
Stamped Gift Tags by Jennifer Vanderbeek
It’s never too early to get ready for gift-giving! Wrapping gifts for friends and loved ones can be a bit of a chore. To keep it simple, pick a couple solid colors of paper or tissue to use on all gifts and use ribbon and tags to add a personal touch. It’s quick and easy to make a batch of tags ahead of time, then you can pop the tag into the bag with the gift until it’s time to wrap them up!
- VersaFine Inkpad – Olympia Green
- Delicata Inkpad – Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue, Golden Glitz
- Sponge Daubers
- Acrylic Blocks
- Studio Calico – Wanderer stamp set
- Simon Says Stamp – Swell Christmas, Merry and Bright stamp sets
- Stampabilities – Everyday Expressions stamp set
- Hot Off the Press – Snowflake Stencil
- Repositionable tape
- Fiskars – Hole punch, scissors
Metallic Holiday Gift Tags by Roni Johnson
In the past, our holiday celebration for our immediate family has been a small affair with my husband, myself and our 2 boys. Our family has grown by leaps and bounds so I need to rethink my holiday plans this year. I used to just buy 2 rolls of wrapping paper – one for each of the boys. If I continue with that plan I’d end up with a whole raft of wrapping papers and I’d have to try to match it to each individual’s personalities. This year I decided to do away with the stress and expense of the whole gift wrapping process by purchasing a roll of white butcher paper to wrap the gifts and make the tags the eye candy instead.
Buy or cut tags from cream colored cardstock. Create a gradient metallic background using Delicata Inks and a sponge dauber. Stamp sheet music on the tag using Golden Glitz Delicata ink. Stamp holly or other seasonal design on each tag. Finally stamp the recipient’s name. You’ll be left with a beautiful set of metallic tags that shimmer and shine in all the right places and still have the personalized vibe. Sure to be a crowd pleaser on Christmas morning!
- Delicata Inkpad – Rose Gold, Champagne, Pink Shimmer, Golden Glitz, Emerald Green, Ruby Red, Sapphire Blue
- Sponge Dauber
- VersaFine Inkpad – Onyx Black
- Cardstock – cream
- Just For Fun Rubber Stamps – Vintage Sheet Music
- StampTangle – Holly Stamps
- CTMH – The Works Alphabet Stamps
- MFT – Tag Die