IMAGINE Crafts and RubberMoon Art Stamps are excited to share with you the amazing projects that our design teams have created to kick off the Holiday Season! Over the next few days, we’ll be sharing with you inspiration and techniques using IMAGINE Crafts’ line of ink products featuring rubber stamps from RubberMoon.
Be sure to visit the IMAGINE Crafts and RubberMoon blogs daily for more projects and ideas!
Birthdays Are For Wishing
I have had so much fun playing with the stamps from Rubber Moon. When I selected the Paisleys, I was thinking they would be adorable with small cut outs in the center. Really like the fun pattern paper showing through. I also like to choose unusual fonts when adding sentiments to my stash, and this Birthday Wish was just too cute to pass up. It may be cold outside, but in Florida where I live, we are still making Spring like cards. 🙂
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Fireworks: Dandelion, Lilac Posies; irRESISTible Radiant Neon Pico Embellishers: Electric Pink, Electric Yellow; Memento Luxe Lilac Posies, Versafine Deep Lagoon, Craft Mat
- RubberMoon Stamps: Paisleys, Birthday Wishes stamps
- May Arts: turquoise cord
- Authentique: “Radiant” paper collection 6 x 6 pad
- Miscellaneous: white cardstock, stamp positioner, foam adhesive, craft knife.
1. Cut a card base measuring 4.25 x 11 inches, fold in half. Ink opposite corners with Memento Luxe Lilac Posies. Cut white card stock 4 x 5.25 inches, stamp Paisleys with Versafine Deep Lagoon ink, cut out centers with craft knife. Spritz with Dandelion and Lilac Posies Fireworks. Run edges of this panel along the Versafine Deep Lagoon ink pad.
2. Stamp greeting with Versafine Deep Lagoon ink, tie cord around Paisley opening and edge of card. Apply foam adhesive strategically to back of card front, adhere small scraps of pattern paper at Paisley openings.
3. Mount to base card, apply Neon Yellow and Neon Pink irRESISTible Pico dots as desired.
My Time Out for Fun:
The folks at Rubber Moon were super kind to send me a Mixed Media Clock to play with. As you may know, I am not a Mixed Media kind of gal, but I must say…I love how this turned out. Stamping (all stamps by Rubber Moon), coloring, heat embossing…it has it all. Not only was decorating this clock too much fun, but it is practical also….I am thinking personalized clocks for gift giving!
I Am My Art
When I was told about this RubberMoon project, I looked on their website if any of RubberMoon stamps that I have had for many years were still available. Amazingly, they are and just as popular as before! Even the stamp saying “please send me your catalog” which I used a lot before internet era. (For young readers, in those days we had to send a snail mail request to stamp manufactures to ask for their printed catalogs). Back then, coming home to find a stamp catalog in the mailbox was soooooo exciting!
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento Luxe: Toffee Crunch, Peanut Brittle, Danube Blue, Rich Cocoa; Memento Markers, StazOn: Jet Black, Timber Brown; GooseBumps Texture Spray, Shimmer Spritz Frost, Creative Medium, Walnut Crystals, Jumbo Daubers
- RubberMoon Stamps: “I Am My Art”, “Zen Garden”, “Little Home”, “Toad Girl”; Clock Kit
- Miscellaneous: white cardstock, watercolor paper, adhesive, scissors, watercolor brush, textured and printed papers (scrap)
1. Trace the clock face circle onto white cardstock.
2. With a Jumbo Dauber, sponge Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle randomly inside of the circle, then add/blend Memento Luxe Toffee Crunch followed by Memento Luxe Danube Blue.
3. Begin stamping around the edge of circle using the “Zen Garden” stamp inked with Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa. Repeat with Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle.
4. Once the stamp ink has dried, cut out the circle.
5. Adhere the stamped circle onto the coordinating chipboard circle piece from the clock kit. Spray with GooseBumps and let air dry while working on the next steps.
6. Color the clock numbers piece with Memento Luxe Danube Blue with a Jumbo Dauber; allow to dry completely.
7. Sprinkle Walnut Crystals onto the piece, then mist with Sheer Shimmer Spritz Frost. There is enough liquid in the Shimmer Spritz to allow the crystals to turn liquid and antique the chipboard piece. Allow to air dry.
8. Adhere the numbers onto the circle clock face.
9. Punch a circle in the middle for the clock mechanics; set aside.
10. Hand tear strips/pieces of handmade and/or printed papers for creating the clock base.
11. Use Memento Luxe Peanut Brittle and StazOn Timber Brown to antique the paper as needed.
12. Collage paper strips onto the clock base with Creative Medium, using it as both and adhesive and a sealant.
13. Cover any uninked areas with Memento Luxe Danube Blue and add Creative Medium if necessary.
14. Stamp the houses onto watercolor paper with StazOn Jet Black.
15. Mix desired colors of Memento Markers with Shimmer Spritz Frost to create a shimmery watercolor palette for coloring the houses.
16. Repeat for the “Frog Girl” stamp.
17. Assemble the mechanics of the clock.
18. Add stamped images to the base of the clock.
19. Stamp sentiment and add to the clock base.