When we were asked about holiday traditions in our family I instantly thought of cookies. We try to bake our all of our family favorites every year but as the family grows so do the favorites as everyone chooses a different one. Since I can’t share cookies with you over the net I thought I’d do the next best thing…. share how to make holiday cookies into Faux Ceramic Glazed Ornaments instead! (read more)
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, we thought that we would share with you a couple of great card ideas for that special someone in your life.
Last year I made a card I really loved for my husband, and I thought since Valentine’s Day was fast approaching I’d re-create it this year! I used a gray and yellow color scheme for the original version as it wasn’t an actual valentine. Follow Taylor’s instructions here.
I absolutely love the new products Imagine Crafts introduced for 201! I felt like a child when I got my hands on them. The new Amplify, StazOn Studio Glaze and oh so super cool new Creative mediums, there just isn’t enough time in the day. Today I am sharing a simple and easy card using the StazOn Studio Glaze, which just gives a perfect WOW to an Acetate card, especially when the light comes through it. Follow my instructions here to make this card.
Get inspired to get creative this weekend with a few of the projects that have been featured on the IMAGINE Crafts’ website and blog this week. Since we’re getting close to Valentine’s Day, we’re sharing a recap of more fabulous projects created by our Artists In Residence. Be sure to follow the links to make your own!
The Radiant Neon inks make me happy –I adore the pop of color they give, especially against a black background! When I sat down to make this card, my goal was to make something lovey-dovey but still have it usable for a guy or a girl, and for any occasion that a ‘hello’ was needed. You never know when you’ll need to grab a virtual hug from your stash to send out! Create your own card here.
I love the rustic look achieved roughly smoothing out the metallic creative medium! Once dry you find some jagged edges and variations in color that add interest to the card. Full instructions to make this card.
project by: Taylor
Welcome to 2015! I’m looking forward to an absolutely amazing year, and hoping you all have one as well! I thought I’d put together a fun and easy project to usher in the year, and what better way to celebrate than with a bottle of bubbly and some glitz & glamour?
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Delicate Golden Glitz, Shimmer Spritz Gold, Sponge Daubers
- Simon Says Stamps: Adult Beverage Sayings, Simple Letter Outlines (clear stamp sets); Adult Beverage metal dies
- Lawn Fawn: Tag You’re It (metal dies)
- Stampendous: Gilded Mica Fragments, Silver Crushed Glass Glitter
- May Arts: ribbon
- Miscellaneous: foam adhesive (Darice), All-Purpose Adhesive (Collall), cardstock, piece of acrylic/plastic
1. Die cut two glasses from black cardstock . For this card, the negative will be used.
2. Stamp sentiment using Delicata Golden Glitz ink.
3. Spritz panel with Shimmer Spritz in Gold.
4. Cut a smaller piece of black cardstock and use a Sponge Dauber to add gold ink.
5. Add mica fragments and glass glitter.
6. Place adhesive strips around the outer edge of the panel.
7. Add clear plastic or acrylic on the top. This creates the shaker box.
8. Die cut tags with black cardstock. Stamp sentiment and numbers using Delicata Golden Glitz ink. Tip: use an acrylic block with gridlines to put the number stamps on, to be sure they are aligned correctly.
9. Use a sponge dauber to add gold ink to die cut cocktail glasses.
10. Add die cut glasses to tags with foam adhesive.
11. Adhere shaker box behind negative dies on larger cardstock panel using foam adhesive.
12. Tie gold ribbon around entire panel.
13. Use wet glue to attach to card base.
As soon as I saw this sentiment from So Suzy Stamps, I knew I had to have it. Isn’t it perfect? I adore how uplifting an encouraging it is an thought some bright colors and flowers were the perfect thing to dress it up!
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Radiant Neon ink (Electric Orange); StazOn Midi ink (Cactus Green); irRESISTable Colored Texture Spray (Dandelion); Fireworks! Spray (Dandelion); irRESISTable Pico Embellisher (Tuxedo Black); Vertigo (two patterns); Sponge Daubers
- Crafter’s Companion: A New Leaf, Bloomin’ Beautiful (rubber stamps); Die’sire Elegance Frame (metal die); Embossalicious Lattice (embossing folder); Collall All-purpose adhesive
- So Suzy Stamps: What If You Fly (rubber stamp)
- Spectrum Noir: Ultra Sooth White cardstock
- Craftwell: eBosser die cutting machine
- May Arts: ribbon
- Miscellaneous: Foam Adhesive (Darice); Recollections cardstock (Michael’s); Jeweled Brads (Eyelet Outlet); Craft Knife (Stampin’ Up); Bazzill cardstock (for base)
1. Stamp leaves on Vertigo using StazOn Cactus Green ink and fussy cut.
2. Stamp flowers on a different piece of Vertigo cardstock using Radiant Neon Electric Orange ink and fussy cut.
3. Using the Pico Embellisher Tuxedo Black, draw center lines on petals.
4. Die cut frame using white cardstock. Do not remove cardstock from the die.
5. Using a craft knife, cut out the large square center.
6. Using Sponge Daubers, add Radiant Neon Electric Orange ink to embossed portions of frame.
7. Remove cardstock from frame.
8. Spray frame with irRESISTable Colored Texture Spray in Dandelion.
9. Die cut frame again. Do not remove cardstock from frame.
10. Stamp sentiment using Radiant Neon Electric Orange ink.
11. Spray cardstock with Fireworks! Spray Dandelion.
12. Spay cardstock with irRESISTable Colored Texture Spray Dandelion.
13. Adhere both frame images together using foam adhesive for dimension.
14. Emboss background as desired and add ribbon.
15. Attach all elements to card base.
IMAGINE Crafts and RubberMoon Art Stamps are excited to share with you the amazing projects that our design teams have created to kick off the Holiday Season! Over the next few days, we’ll be sharing with you inspiration and techniques using IMAGINE Crafts’ line of ink products featuring rubber stamps from RubberMoon.
I came across a fun technique online recently, on the WPlus9 blog, for creating a Bokeh effect with watercolors. I adapted it to use with the fabulous Memento inks, and now am creating these backgrounds every chance I get! I thought it was the perfect way to showcase these gorgeous Rubber Moon stamps.
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento: Pear Tart, Angel Pink, Teal Zeal; Memento LUXE: Wedding Dress, Tuxedo Black; irRESISTible Pico Embellisher Wedding Dress, Delicata: Golden Glitz, Silvery Shimmer; GooseBumps Shimmer Texture Spray, Sponge Daubers, Stipple Brush #6
- RubberMoon Stamps: Noise, Scribble, Think Big
- Crafter’s Companion: Embossalicious Petite Dot embossing folder, Mini Circle Regiment stencil
- May Arts: ribbon
- Miscellaneous: kraft cardstock, foam adhesive, watercolor cardstock, painter’s tape, paint brush, water bucket
1. Tape watercolor cardstock down to craft mat using low-tack tape.
2. Brush the entire surface with clean water, to wet it.
3. Create a pool of ink by pressing first color of ink directly down on to spare piece of acrylic packaging or plastic. Pick up ink with wet brush and paint randomly on wet cardstock.
4. Repeat Step Three with remaining colors until entire piece is colored.
5. Dab Stipple Brush #6 directly on to darkest color ink pad and add ink randomly on cardstock.
6. Apply Memento LUXE Wedding Dress ink using a Sponge Dauber. Place the stencil randomly on the cardstock to create one circle at a time. Vary the amount of ink used, so some circles are darker than others.
7. Ink one background stamp with Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink. Stamp one on extra cardstock then stamp directly on to watercolor cardstock.
8. Repeat the process twice with the other stamp and Delicata Golden Glitz ink.
9. Slowly remove low-tack tape.
10. Stamp sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
11. Use Wedding Dress Pico Embellisher to create three small dots in the upper right corner.
12. When dry, adhere to card base and add ribbon.
Wonder of the Season
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento Tuxedo Black, Fireworks: London Fog, Summer Sky; irRESISTible Texture Spray Wedding Dress, Memento Markers Summer Sky, InkBlusher
- Rubber Moon: Wonder of the Season and Reindeer stamps
- Spellbinders: 5×7 Reflective Moment, Snowflake Bliss, Butterfly Twist
- Miscellaneous: kraft tag, adhesive, foam dots, white pearls, white and steel blue cardstock, lace
1. Spray kraft tag with Fireworks Summer Sky and allow to dry.
2. Spray tag with irRESISTible Wedding Dress.
3. Blot tag with tissue and allow to dry.
4. Spray tag with Fireworks London Fog.
5. Blot tag with tissue and allow to dry.
6. Shade the edges of the tag with Memento Tuxedo Black ink with an InkBlusher.
7. Stamp Rubber Moon Reindeer and sentiment on white cardstock with Tuxedo Black ink. Outline reindeer with Memento Summer Sky Marker.
8. Adhere sentiment, and reindeer to tag and add snowflakes and embellishments.