This week IMAGINE Crafts is proud to feature the fun and amazing stamps from Lawn Fawn! Our Artists In Residence are here all week to inspire you with their amazing projects using IMAGINE Crafts’ products along with rubber stamps from Lawn Fawn. Be sure to visit both company’s blogs daily for ideas, tips and techniques from our design teams.
Video Tutorial: Embossed Highlights
adds a little bit of VersaMark ink, a touch of embossing powder and some heat setting to take simple greetings to the next level.
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento: Espresso Truffle, Lady Bug, Tangelo, Potters Clay, Bahama Blue, Teal Zeal; Memento Markers: Rich Cocoa, Cottage Ivy, Bamboo Leaves, Lady Bug, Rhubarb Stock; Versafine Onyx Black, irRESISTible Texture Spray Wedding Dress, irRESISTible Pico Embellisher Wedding Dress, Embossing Powder: Iridescent, Clear; Shimmer Spritz Frost, Vertigo Taffeta, Craft Mat, Sponge Dauber
- Lawn Fawn: ‘Joy To The Woods’ stamps and dies
- Canson watercolor paper
- Miscellaneous: liquid glue, dimensional adhesive
1. Stamp the image using second generation stamping technique using Memento Espresso Truffle ink. Press the inkpad to the acrylic block and use this as your watercolor to color in the image.
2. Stamp the fox and the bird and color in the same way as Step 1.
3. Outline the images with a darker color for added dimension using the marker.
4. Mask and sponge the blue inks, then unscrew the lid from the Shimmer Spritz Frost bottle and flick the color onto the background.
5. Sponge some ink onto the Vertigo, this will be our water for the scene.
6. Apply Shimmer Spritz Frost using a Sponge Dauber to the foreground for the effect of ice.
7. Adhere the background trees and fox using liquid glue.
8. With dimensional adhesive, add the foreground trees and the bird.
9. Stamp sentiment with VersaFine Onyx Black and heat emboss using Iridescent Embossing Powder.
10. Stamp holly using Memento Desert Sand and color with Memento Markers in Cottage Ivy, Bamboo Leaves, Lady Bug and Rhubarb Stalk.
11. Assemble remaining pieces of the card as shown.
12. Unscrew the nozzle from the irRESISTible Texture Spray Wedding Dress bottle and sprinkle the liquid onto the card.
13. Apply irRESISTible Clear Pico Embellisher onto the berries and some irRESISTible Wedding Dress Pico Embellisher for the snow on the branches and the ground.
14. Adhere the completed panel to the cardbase using dimensional adhesive.
More Joyful Wishes
I love these whimsical stamps by Lawn Fawn, they inspired me to create a fun bright 3-D scene, so I decided to create this faux shadow card – so fun !
- Imagine Crafts/ Tsukineko: Memento: Tuxedo Black, Rhubarb Stalk, Toffee Crush, Tangelo, Pear Tart; Brilliance: Rocket Red, Cosmic Copper; Versa Magic Aquatic Splash, Ink Potion No.9, irRESISTible Pico Embellisher Wedding Dress, Memento Marker Dandelion, Vertigo Taffeta, Sponge Daubers, Craft Mat
- Lawn Fawn: LF706 Joy to the Woods
- Sizzix: frame cut die
- Canvas Corp: polka dot paper
- Miscellaneous: Snow Drift die, adhesive, dimensional adhesive, white cardstock, small paint brush
1. Cut out pattern paper with the frame die cut.
2. Stamp these cute little critters on to white card stock with Memento Tuxedo Black.
3. To color, dab a little Memento Rhubarb Stalk, Toffee Crunch, Tangelo, Pear Tart, Rocket Red, Cosmic Copper onto the Craft Mat (using the Craft Mat as your palette). Mist the ink with Ink Potion No. 9 and then use a small paint brush to color the images.
4. Add a touch of irRESISTible Pico Embellisher Wedding Dress to the trees and the fox’s tail for dimension.
5. Cut out your pieces when dry.
6. Cut a piece of white card stock the same size as your frame for the background and color with VersaMagic Aquatic Splash applied with a Sponge Dauber.
7. Line up the white background under the frame and stamp the sentiment and stars.
8. Color the stars with Memento Dandelion Marker.
9. Die cut Vertigo with snow drift die and attach to the bottom of frame on the inside.
10. Place dimensional tape around the frame to create the faux shadow box.
11. Attach frame to the background.
12. Adhere the stamped images onto frame as shown.