IMAGINE Crafts and RubberMoon Art Stamps are excited to share with you the amazing projects that our design teams have created to kick off the Holiday Season! Over the next few days, we’ll be sharing with you inspiration and techniques using IMAGINE Crafts’ line of ink products featuring rubber stamps from RubberMoon.
Be sure to visit the IMAGINE Crafts and RubberMoon blogs daily for more projects and ideas!
A Letter for You
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: Memento Luxe: Pear Tart, Tuxedo Black, Sweet Plum; Clear Embossing Powder, Fireworks! Pear Tart, Craft Mat
- RubberMoon Stamps: ‘Easel’, ‘A Letter for You’, ‘Swirly Leafy Border’, ‘Dogwood Blossoms’
- Kraft & White Cardstock
- Miscellaneous: adhesive, heat tool
1. Cut a 4.25″ x 5.5″ folded card from the Kraft Cardstock and a 4″ x 5.25″ piece of white cardstock.
2. Stamp Easel with Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Stamp ‘Swirly Leafy Border’ along edge with Memento Luxe Pear Tart.
3. Mask off the ‘easel’ picture and lower 1/2 of the white cardstock and spray with Fireworks! Pear Tart.
4. Stamp ‘A Letter for You’ with Memento Luxe Sweet Plum and clear emboss.
5. Mask off area around easel and stamp ‘Dogwood Blossoms’ in picture frame with Memento Luxe Pear Tart and then stamp ‘M’ with Memento Luxe Sweet Plum.
6. Adhere white cardstock to Kraft card.
“What Was I Thinking?” Clock
To say I like RubberMoon Stamps is an understatement because I L-O-V-E them! They’re so quirky, so witty, and so unconventional. I was thrilled to learn that IMAGINE Crafts would be collaborating with RubberMoon Stamps this month.
For my project, I decided to get creative with one of the RubberMoon clock kits. As I write this posting, the clock is working perfectly . . . the time is correct and the second-hand is rotating around the clock very nicely. My first real mechanical achievement! My personal thank you to RubberMoon for their generosity when supplying us with their stamps and Creative Clock Kit. The uniqueness of RubberMoon stamps really helps the creative process!
- IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko: irRESISTible Pico Embellisher Wedding White, irRESISTible Craft Spray Danube Blue, Vertigo Prism, GooseBumps Texture Spray Shimmer, StazOn: Blue Hawaii, Hydrangea Blue, Midnight Blue, Opaque Cotton White; GlazOn, VersaMark, VersaFine: Toffee, Majestic Blue, Satin Red, Deep Lagoon; Shimmer Spritz Frost, Embossing Powder Clear, InkBlushers, Tack ‘N Peel Reusable Cling Sheet
- RubberMoon Stamps: “What Was I Thinking”, “Kae Pea Sun Sweet”, “Sunny”, “See the Moon”; Time for Mixed Media Clock Kit
- Spellbinders: Standard Circles Nestabilties
- Sizzix: Big Shot die cutting machine and metal adapter plate
- Tombow: Mono Liquid Glue
- Miscellaneous: wooden toothpick; Japanese hole punch; adhesive flat-back crystals, AA battery for clock
Die cut the Vertigo with the largest circle nestability die. Be sure to use the metal adapter plate to ensure a clean cut. You may find that you might have to pass this through the die cutting machine several times depending on your die cutting machine.
With an InkBlusher, dab StazOn Hydrangea Blue onto the backside of the Vertigo. Allow to dry, then apply a thin coating of the GlazOn* with an InkBlusher. Allow to dry. Dab on the StazOn in Blue Hawaii; allow to dry and then apply another thin coat of GlazOn. Allow to dry. Dab on the StazOn in Midnight Blue; allow to dry and apply another thin coat of GlazOn. Allow to dry.
*GlazOn allows you to layer StazOn colors without color migration, allowing the integrity of each color to remain true. It also allows you to layer another color without also picking ‘up’ the previous color when the solvents in each react to each other.
Apply a piece of Tack “n Peel to the backside of the unmounted sentiment stamp, and adhere to an acrylic stamp block. On the front side of the Vertigo, stamp the RubberMoon sentiment stamp in the center with the StazOn Opaque in Cotton White.
Coat the base (top and sides) and clock face (front and back) with Memento in Pistachio to give them an underlying weathered look. Allow to dry. Coat both sides of the u-post with VersaFine in Majestic Blue. Allow to dry.
Stamp the “I Love the Moon” sentiment stamp with the Red Satin around the edge of the circle, and stamp it in Majestic Blue around the center. After it has dried, spray with the clear GooseBumps and let dry. On the other side, stamp the sun face stamp in Majestic Blue around the perimeter of the clock (face side up) so there are stamped lines showing on the outside edge of the Vertigo. After it is dry, spray with the Shimmer Spray and allow to dry.
Apply VersaMark to the entire surface of the base, apply the Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. Do this twice. Then spray the base with the Danube Blue irRESISTible Craft Spray. Spray heavily in 2-3 areas and with a toothpick, draw the color out in all directions to form ‘legs’. Allow to completely dry.
Coat the number ring with the VersaMark in Majestic Blue. Allow to dry. For an “icy” look, apply the Pico Embellisher in Wedding White along the lines of each number; allow to completely dry.
Lay the Vertigo on top of the clock face, making sure to keep it in place when you turn the clock face over to the backside. Using the backside’s center hole, cut a center hole through the Vertigo with the Japanese hole punch. Make sure the hole is big enough to allow the white and yellow tip of the clock mechanism. Assemble the remaining pieces of the clock (hands, washer and hex nut). Glue the number ring around the Vertigo.
Follow the remaining directions for the clock assembly that is in the kit, including inserting a AA battery into the clock mechanism. Set the hands to the correct time. Adhere an adhesive flat-backed crystal to each corner of the base.
Enjoy your RubberMoon clock! Because of the Vertigo and depending upon the lighting, the clock face might appear as if it is floating in space.