by Jowilna Nolte
Hi everyone, today I am showing you how I swatch out my favorite ink colors for my handmade Christmas cards. I usually choose the classic reds and greens for the holidays and then add some additional colors like a brown/green and purple/red color to compliment. These additional colors I used for stamping images like twigs and berries or shading tones. Another feature in this video, I show how these water-based inks can easily be used for watercolor effects. Each time I stamp with a color, I also lift the color with a paintbrush and color to create a soft finish.
These amazing Color Combo stamp & die sets from Waffle Flower Crafts are amazing and I can’t wait to get started on creating color swatches for all my ink pad families. Swatching colors helps generate more crafting ideas and helps you imagine how colors can be used together.
Skill: All levels
Time: Varies on the number of ink pads
- VersaMagic Dew Drop Ink Pad – Red Magic, Hint Of Pesto, Perfect Plumeria,
- Memento Dew Drop Ink Pad – Lady Bug, Cottage Ivy
- Delicata Ink Pad – Rose Gold, Emerald Green
- VersaFine Clair Ink Pad – Nocturne
- Waffle Flower Crafts Stamp & Die Combo set – https://bit.ly/33hW8Cm
- White cardstock
- Stamp Press – Couture Creations
- Guillotine – Tonic