I love a versatile tool and the Dewlet die is just that. The perfect little (but not too little) teardrop for petals, leaves, raindrops, balloons, and whatever else you think of. In this card, I’ve used the die as a stencil to draw out a pattern as well as a die to cut out shapes in that pattern. And that simple repeating pattern gets jazzed up with pen detailing, glitter, and a couple of shaker windows, too.
If you get the blues being away from friends and family, this is a sweet card to say how much you miss them. Change up the color scheme or sentiment, though, and it could easily be a baby or wedding shower card. Add some flowers and you’ve got an April Showers card. All from a simple repeating background and a few well-chosen embellishments.
Time: 1 hour +
- Memento Dewdrop – London Fog, Summer Sky, Paris Dusk
- Memento Markers – Bahama Blue
- Tear It! Tape
- On Point Glue
- Dewlet Die
- Cardstock – White, Navy
- Clear Acetate Sheet
- Paper Studio Iridescent Glitter – White, Powder, Robin’s Egg
- Small Beads
- Helmar – ZapDots ¼” Square
- Uniball – Signo White Gel Pen
- Fiskars – Paper Trimmer, Scissors
- Die Cut Machine