by Roni Johnson
Master Boards are a quick and easy way to create a large supply of beautiful backgrounds in a single session. There are no rules, no limits and they are so much fun to make! Today, I’ll show you how to create a mixed media master board using inks, embossing powders and more.
Time: 2+ hour
Select a piece of paper for the foundation of the master board. It could be mixed media paper, watercolor, cardstock or something else. I have chosen a sheet from a vintage atlas for this project.
Scrape the smooth side of the Squeegee across the Cheerful VersaFine Clair inkpad. Drag the inked Squeegee across the paper. Repeat 2-3 more times.
Continue to pick up ink on the Squeegee using Golden Meadow and Morning Mist VersaFine Clair inks.
Apply Verdant VersaFine Clair ink through a harlequin stencil and Green Oasis VersaFine Clair ink over a square stencil using a stipple brush.
Pounce VersaMark ink over a leaf stencil in several places over the page.
Sprinkle Mboss Lucky Stars embossing powder over the ink; shake off the excess and return it to the handy space-saving pouch. Heat the embossing powder to melt.
Stamp flower several times over the paper using VersaMark ink; cover with Yellow embossing powder, shake off excess and return it to the pouch. Heat the embossing powder to melt.
Stamp various collage images over the paper using VersaFine Clair inks.
Spritz Dandelion irRESISTible Texture Spray over the entire sheet and let dry. You now have a lovely master board ready to use for all sorts of projects. Below are just a few examples made using this single master board.
Card #1 When Life Gives You Lemons – Squeeze the Day!
Card #2 Have a Bee-utiful Day!
Card #3 Perfection is Overrated
Card #4 Mason Jar
Card #5 How’s It Hanging?
- VersaFine Clair Inkpad – Cheerful, Golden Meadow, Morning Mist, Paradise, Nocturne
- Stipple Brush
- Mboss Embossing Powder – Lucky Stars, Yellow
- Vintage Atlas Page
- Deco Art – Harlequin Stencil
- Dylusions – Squares Stencil (retired)
- Stamplorations – Leaf Stencil
- Unity Stamp Co – Flower, Collage Images
- Heat Tool
- Craft Consortium – Fresh Cut Stamp
- Sunny Studio – Slice of Summer Stamp, Silly Sloths Stamp
- Rubber Stamp Tapestry – Sentiment; Vintage Milk Bottle/Lemonade Cap, Bee-utiful Day stamp
- Finnabair – Sentiment Sticker, Sentiment & Vintage Photobooth Stickers
2 thoughts on “See How to Create a Mixed Media Master Board with Mboss”
Pingback: See How to Create a Mixed Media Master Board with Mboss – Tracey in Maine
Thanks for the great tute Roni! Everything looks wonderful!