by Roni Johnson
It’s never too early to start preparing for the holidays to help avoid the rush. Today I have a fun and easy upcycled project for the little ones in your life – a Toilet Paper Roll Advent Calendar. Now I just have to save up 20 more toilet paper rolls!
Time: 1 hour
Buy or collect 25 paper rolls for the 25 days of the advent calendar.
Bend the ends of each roll towards the center to make a “pillow box”.
Spritz the rolls with Lady Bug, Bamboo Leaves and Wedding Dress irRESISTible Texture Spray. Let dry before moving on to another color.
Dye rayon seam binding with All-Purpose Ink in Spring Green and Red Delicious.
Stamp white cardstock with a variety of Christmas-theme images using VersaMagic inks. Die-cut circles from the stamped cardstock. Stamp a large number stamp in the center of each circle using VersaFine Clair ink.
Sprinkle the circles with clear embossing powder, shake off excess and set with a heat tool. Die-cut scallop circles from Rinea Foiled Papers.
Fill and assemble each pillow box with a treat; affix the ribbon around the box using Tear It! Tape and top it off with the number.
- All-Purpose Ink – Spring Green, Red Delicious
- VersaFine Clair – Nocturne
- irRESISTible Texture Spray – Bamboo Leaves, Lady Bug, Wedding Dress
- VersaMagic – Gingerbread, Red Magic, Aegean Blue, Tea Leaves, Thatched Straw
- Embossing Powder – Clear
- Ink Dropper
- Craft Mat
- Paper Rolls
- Rinea Foiled Paper – Ruby/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper, Emerald/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper; Emerald/Emerald Starstruck Foiled Paper
- Rayon Seam Binding
- Rubber Stamp Tapestry Peg Stamps – Gingerbread Man, Gift, Candy Cane, Stocking, Holly Club Scrap – Number Stamps
2 thoughts on “Create Quick and Easy Advent Calendar Gifts”
Great recycling project Roni!
Pingback: Rubber Stamp Tapestry's Tutorial & Ideas Blog @ Pegstamps.com: Advent Gifts by Roni Johnson for Imagine Crafts