– Nothing says Summertime to me like a nice juicy chunk of watermelon… and making this card made me get up and grab a watermelon popsicle when I was done…
Skill level: Beginner
Time: 30 minutes
• VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne –
• Fireworks Summer Sky –
• Tear It! Tape –
• Angel Pink Memento Marker –
• Lady Bug Memento Marker –
• Desert Sand Memento Marker –
• Summer Sky Dew Drop –
• Bamboo Leaves Dew Drop –
• Pear Tart Memento Marker –
• Toffee Crunch Memento Marker –
• MFT Through The Clouds Stencil
• MFT Summertime Pure Innocence Girl
• Accent Opaque 120lb White Cardstock
• Gina K Designs 80 lb Layering Weight Cardstock
I love my Dew Drop ink pads…they are just the right size. They are small enough that they take up less space yet big enough to hold lots of ink for all of my projects. Imagine has come up with an ingenious idea of using these Dew Drops not only as ink but as the main component of a project using the brand new Dewlets dies! These little dew drop shaped cutting dies are perfect for all sorts of projects including the Laurel wreath I made for you today.
Time: 4 hours
Stamp out dozens of dew drops using several colors of Memento and VersaMagic inks. In addition to these Dew Drop shapes, I also rubbed Delicata Golden Glitz and Emerald Green inks onto white cardstock.
Die-cut all of the dew drops using the Dewlets dies. Cut out dew drops from the cardstock covered with Delicata inks as well.
Rub VersaFine Clair in Shady Lane along the pointy edges of the Dew Drops to help “bring ‘em all together”.
Tear strips of brown craft paper into 1.5 – 2” wide strips. Wrap these strips around a foam wreath until the whole wreath has been covered.
Begin gluing the laurel leaves to the wreath in a diagonal line.
Continue gluing on leaves until the wreath is covered.
Affix a bow and rusty jingle bell (if desired).
- Styrofoam Wreath
- White Cardstock
- Kraft Paper
- Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
- Rusty Bell