The metallic shimmer in Delicata inks is perfect to create a shimmery winter background. Watch my video below to see exactly how I did it. Enjoy!
Time: 30 minutes
Visit our YouTube Channel for more inspirational videos and subscribe to get updates when we post new videos.
Today, I show you how to create a simple overlay background with Rinea foil paper over a Fireworks Shimmer Spray background for a Christmas card. In addition, I teach you how to use a simple masking technique to double your stamping effect as well as Memento markers to create dimension. Enjoy!
Time: 1 hour +
• Fireworks Shimmery Craft Spray – Tangelo, Dandelion
• VersaFine Clair – Nocturne
• Memento Markers – Cottage Ivy, New Sprout, London Fog, Tuxedo Black
• Irresistible Pico Embellisher – Gold Shimmer, Wedding Dress White
• On Point Glue
• Tear It! Tape
• Rinea Ebony Foil Paper – http://bit.ly/2zZa308
• Little Darlings Rubber Stamps – Tree line http://bit.ly/2PyzMHs and Mountains http://bit.ly/2ORquRI
• Whimsy Stamps – Everyday Scripted Sentiments http://bit.ly/2Ke3Sub
• Whimsy Stamps – Penguins Winter Adventure http://bit.ly/2A2uEku
• Paper Trimmer
• Masking Paper
• Watercolor Paper
• White Card Stock
• Heat Tool
This month we have the fun challenge to make projects using Rinea foils. There are so many fun things you can do with these foils; you can stamp on it, paint, use with mediums or create 3D decorative projects. I like how the gold foil and black look together. For my card, I used Imagine’s GlazOn to seal the foil; it protects the foil and acts as a primer, which allows the ink to better adhere. I stenciled in my design with StazOn ink.
Time: 30 minutes
Seal the Gold Rinea foil with Light Gloss or Glossy GlazOn. It protects the foil and acts as a primer, which allows the ink to better adhere. Allow the GlazOn to dry, it dries very fast.
Determine the size of your sentiment. I stamped the sentiment with individual alphabet stamps. If you’re doing the same, stamp the whole on a scratch piece of paper to determine the size. Rip apart a scratch piece of paper to a size that will fit the height of the sentiment, plus a little space above and below it. Place the paper about 2/3 down from the top of the foil. The paper will protect the area where the sentiment will be stamped.
Using an InkBlusher and Jet Black StazOn ink, stencil the design onto the foil.
Stamp the sentiment. Assemble the card. I hope you enjoyed this project and will give it a try. You can count on us to keep bringing you card making and mixed media project ideas, keep visiting the Imagine blog.
- Rinea Foils – Glossy Ebony and Gold Pack
- Cardstock paper-Black
- Crafter’s Workshop stencils- Numbers – (6×6 inches)
- Alphabet stamps