– Hello Crafty Friends – Annie here with a Fall “Give Thanks” mini slim card using a variety of Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko products.
• VersaMagic Inks: Thatched Straw, Mango, Jumbo Java, Purple Hydrangea, Midnight Black, Sage, Persimmon, and Sahara Sand
• Creative Medium: Gold Metallic
• On Point Glue
• Tear It! Tape
• Craft Mat
• Palette Knives
• Tim Holtz Stencil: Burlap
• Trinity Stamps Die: Mini Slimline Stitched Stacks
• Maker’s Movement: You’re My Jam Stamp & Die Set
• Maker’s Movement: Nesting Doll Set
• Memory Box Dies: Leaves and Give Thanks Sentiment
• Accent 80# Ultra Smooth Cardstock: Opaque White
• Recollection 110# Cardstock: White, Kraft, & Moss Green
• Sizzix Glitter Cardstock: Mountain Green
• Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blend: Leaf peeping
• Foam Tabs
– Howdy friends and fellow crafters, LeeAnn here with a fun Autumn card for you today. I spritzed, I sprayed, I brayered and dabbed… a little bit of it all. Now sit back and lets get inky…
• Kaleidacolor Vineyard Ink Pad
• Fireworks! Shimmery Craft Spray: Summer Sky
• VersaFine Clair: Pinecone
• Craft Mat
• Tear It! Tape
• Sheer Shimmer Craft Spray: Gold
• Trinity Stamps Beautiful Breeze 4×8 Stamp Set
• Trinity Stamps Seasonal Winds 6×6 Stencil
• Tim Holtz Guillatine Trimmer
• Fiskars Trimmer
• DCWV Shimmer Paper
• Accent Opaque 120lb Cardstock
• Bristol Smooth Cardstock
In today’s card making tutorial, I will show you how to create a Fall themed “Thanks” card using three different inks. The Autumn colors are vibrant and blend well with kraft card stock and burlap ribbon. I hope this card inspires you to think of all things pumpkin spice and apple cider as we head into fall!
Time: 1.5 hours
Spritz white cardstock with Fireworks! Lady Bug, Tangelo, and Dandelion. I like to start with the darkest color first working to the lighter color to fill in the last areas of white. Set aside to dry.
Use Memento Peanut Brittle and Rich Cocoa ink pads and press directly on the cardstock. This creates a splotchy look.
Die cut the Fireworks! colored cardstock with Skeleton Leaves dies. Cut an outline to back the leaves either by hand or with an electronic die cutting machine. Adhere the layers together with On Point Glue. Small dots in the thicker areas of the leaves works best.
Die cut one “Thanks” sentiment from the Fireworks! colored cardstock and three from white cardstock. Layer together with On Point Glue to create a dimensional sentiment. To avoid glue from leaking out from between the layers, use small dots of glue on the outside edges.
Use a soft rubber brayer to ink cardstock trimmed to 4.74” x 5.75”. Kaleidacolor in Autumn Leaves was used with the green portion in the middle and the light orange on either end of the cardstock. Flip the cardstock to achieve this look.
Pressure emboss the cardstock with Basket Weave embossing folder. Use a sanding block to remove color and allow the embossed design to pop.
Using Tear It! Tape, adhere your A7 kraft card base to background. Then tape the burlap ribbon. The Tear It! Tape, it’s translucent enough that it does not show through the burlap, and will hold the card together. Adhere the “Thanks” sentiment and the leaves with On Point Glue.
- Sizzix Thinlets Skeleton Leaves
- Spellbinders Phrase Set One
- Darice Basket Weave embossing folder A7 size
- Recollections A7 card Base
- Burlap Ribbon
- Sanding Block
- Dimensional Foam Adhesive
- Brother Scan-N-Cut