– Howdy friends and fellow crafters, LeeAnn here with a fun Autumn card for you today. I spritzed, I sprayed, I brayered and dabbed… a little bit of it all. Now sit back and lets get inky…
• Kaleidacolor Vineyard Ink Pad
• Fireworks! Shimmery Craft Spray: Summer Sky
• VersaFine Clair: Pinecone
• Craft Mat
• Tear It! Tape
• Sheer Shimmer Craft Spray: Gold
• Trinity Stamps Beautiful Breeze 4×8 Stamp Set
• Trinity Stamps Seasonal Winds 6×6 Stencil
• Tim Holtz Guillatine Trimmer
• Fiskars Trimmer
• DCWV Shimmer Paper
• Accent Opaque 120lb Cardstock
• Bristol Smooth Cardstock
In today’s card making tutorial, I will show you how to create a Fall themed “Thanks” card using three different inks. The Autumn colors are vibrant and blend well with kraft card stock and burlap ribbon. I hope this card inspires you to think of all things pumpkin spice and apple cider as we head into fall!
Time: 1.5 hours
Spritz white cardstock with Fireworks! Lady Bug, Tangelo, and Dandelion. I like to start with the darkest color first working to the lighter color to fill in the last areas of white. Set aside to dry.
Use Memento Peanut Brittle and Rich Cocoa ink pads and press directly on the cardstock. This creates a splotchy look.
Die cut the Fireworks! colored cardstock with Skeleton Leaves dies. Cut an outline to back the leaves either by hand or with an electronic die cutting machine. Adhere the layers together with On Point Glue. Small dots in the thicker areas of the leaves works best.
Die cut one “Thanks” sentiment from the Fireworks! colored cardstock and three from white cardstock. Layer together with On Point Glue to create a dimensional sentiment. To avoid glue from leaking out from between the layers, use small dots of glue on the outside edges.
Use a soft rubber brayer to ink cardstock trimmed to 4.74” x 5.75”. Kaleidacolor in Autumn Leaves was used with the green portion in the middle and the light orange on either end of the cardstock. Flip the cardstock to achieve this look.
Pressure emboss the cardstock with Basket Weave embossing folder. Use a sanding block to remove color and allow the embossed design to pop.
Using Tear It! Tape, adhere your A7 kraft card base to background. Then tape the burlap ribbon. The Tear It! Tape, it’s translucent enough that it does not show through the burlap, and will hold the card together. Adhere the “Thanks” sentiment and the leaves with On Point Glue.
- Sizzix Thinlets Skeleton Leaves
- Spellbinders Phrase Set One
- Darice Basket Weave embossing folder A7 size
- Recollections A7 card Base
- Burlap Ribbon
- Sanding Block
- Dimensional Foam Adhesive
- Brother Scan-N-Cut
In today’s card making tutorial, I will show you how to use your Fireworks! Shimmery Spray inks in different ways rather than just spraying them! All of the blooming sunflowers during my travels were the inspiration for this late summer birthday card. It is very cool that sunflower heads follow the sun throughout the day, and they are always bright and cheery!
Time: 1.5 hours
Stamp sunflower image in Delicata Golden Glitz and heat emboss with Iridescent Embossing Powder. The Delicata Golden Glitz is one of the brightest gold inks, and works best for a sunflower. Die cut with an electronic die cut machine, or fussy cut with scissors.
Use a brush tip Fantastix to color in the center of the sunflower with Delicata Black Shimmer.
Shake the Fireworks! spray until all of the shimmer is mixed in. When the spray sits for awhile, the shimmer settles to the bottom and can be seen as a thin layer through the bottle. Remove the spray lid and tap a bit of Fireworks! on your work mat from the end of the plastic tube. Use a fine tip paint brush to paint the sunflowers a beautiful iridescent Dandelion Yellow. Yellow ink is one of the more difficult inks to use, and this method solves that dilemma!
Stamp the leaf image in Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy and heat emboss with Iridescent Embossing Powder. Using embossing powder helps maintain the original ink color of the image while painting over with Fireworks! spray. It also allows you to color inside the lines much more easily! Use a fine point paint brush to add Fireworks! in Bamboo Leaves. Die cut or fussy cut the leaves.
To get a finer sprinkling of more carefully located drops of Fireworks!, use the same paint brush and gently tap over the card stock to create a fine splatter pattern. When using the spray nozzle, the color is denser on the cardstock. Finish the edges by inking with an ink blusher and Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy.
Edge the base card with an ink blusher and Delicata Golden Glitz. Using inks throughout the card allows for perfect coordination.
Position the leaves and sunflowers on the card front to determine the location for the sentiment. Stamp the sentiment in Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy and heat emboss with Iridescent embossing powder. Adhere the layers of the card together. The card front and leaves are adhered with Tear-It! Tape, and the sunflowers are adhered with thin dimensional foam adhesive.
- Auntie Amy Sunflower image
- Heartfelt Creations Bold Leaf stamp
- Technique Tuesday Large Birthday sentiment stamp
- Fine point paint brush
Hello Crafty Friends – Annie here with a fun July 4th mini slimline card, featuring Fireworks! Shimmery Sprays.
• Fireworks! Shimmering Spray: Bamboo Leaves, Summer Sky and Danube Blue
• Mboss Embossing Powder: Shimmering Night Sky, Silver and Irridescent
• Memento Marker: Tuxedo Black
• VersaMark Watermark Ink
• On Point Glue
• Tear It! Tape
• Hero Arts Stamp & Die Set: DC150 Happy
• Maker’s Movement Stamp: Sarcastic New Year
• Gina Marie Designs: Adirondack Beach Chair
Adirondack Beach Chair – Gina Marie Designs
• Recollections Planner Die: Months
• Recollections Brand 110# Cardstock: White
• Recollections Brand 65# cardstock: Red, White & Blue
Hey there friends and fellow crafters. As we are entering the calendar Patriotic Season here in the US, this card was screaming at me to be made. I have so much fun creating these videos, and this one has a lot of meaning.
• Versafine Clair Ink Pad – Nocturne
• Tsukineko Full-Size VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink Pad
• Fireworks! Craft Spray – Lady Bug
• Fireworks! Craft Spray – Danube Blue
• VersaFine Clair, Nocturne, Paradise
• Craft Mat
• Tear It! Tape
Other Products Used:
• CARD STOCK 8.5 X 11- White- Heavy Weight – Gina K Designs
• New Original MISTI Laser Etched Stamping Tool– Kat Scrappiness, Inc
• Tonic Studios, Tim Holtz – 8.5 Inch Comfort Trimmer
• Cling Mount Stamp: My Hero Honors MC0344FCL
• Gina K Designs White Foam Tape – 3/8”X12ft – Kat Scrappiness, Inc